• Welcome to Pretentious Snobby Bastard Fly Fishing!. Please login or sign up.
January 27, 2022, 06:50:43 AM

News:

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

something different

Started by Woolly Bugger, September 29, 2021, 09:10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

September 29, 2021, 09:10:30 AM Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 10:02:14 AM by Woolly Bugger

gas $2.95 partly cloudy, 78 degrees

With the cooler nights I started thinking about brookies and J&D's report inspired me along with Brown Dog's tale of catching a 3 lp brookie up in the UP. So I grabbed the 2 wt and headed up the road for the afternoon.

It was good to be back wet wading up this creek. Lots of small fish, really small, a few of the larger ones (7-8") wriggled off the barbless hook,

There was something in their report about things shutting down in the afternoon... perhaps I started too low, and didn't go high enough, maybe I was fishing behind someone, maybe listening to Brown Dog had me thinking about booze and pussy, anyway, this trip was a bust on the catching side of things. My sure thing spots didn't produce or that tungsten dropper snagged the bottom and spooked my quarry

" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">

a few were bigger, most were smaller

" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">

this find saddened me, but I felt the strong medicine of the birds spirit

a walk through the campsite -- I guess that they didn't care for the reviews of the book they were reading, or needed fire starter, or were just lightening the load.

new rock stacking phenomenon

winter is coming

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Big J

:cheers  Glad we could be of motivation.  Good chance you were fishing behind someone being that low.  Red Shouldered Hawk  :'(

joe friday

Always enjoy looking at your pictures.   good work.

#CommissionsEarned