$5.99
1 (7.7%)
$6.99
3 (23.1%)
One time at band camp I got high
3 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 13

trout-r-us

Quote from: troutboy_II on December 08, 2023, 13:10:13 PMOk, I am curious - why buy 88 octane vs 87 octane?

:-\ 

TB

For Me:
*More cost efficient.
*More friendly to the environment.
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

trout-r-us

And then there is Flex Fuel (E85):
I considered using it in my truck until I did some research.

Plus side:
51-83% ethanol.
 ~27% cheaper.
Octane rating considerably higher than regular, produces 20-30% more horsepower.
Considerably more environmentally friendly, e.g. 40% fewer emissions.

Down Side:
20-30% fewer MPG
Not recommended to mix it with regular too often, as that messes with the adaptive fuel mixture system of the vehicle.  This is not convenient as Flex Fuel does not seem to me to be readily available as to make it convenient, which could result in maintenance issues.

Therefore I use the E15 in my truck as well as the car. 
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

trout-r-us

Some people ask how do you know what you can use. There are numerous sources of information. Both of my vehicles are marked at the fuel fill area.
You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment. 
― Heraclitus

Onslow

I strongly oppose the use of ethanol.  Soil should not be exploited for auto fuel being soil is easily depleted. To complicate matter, Belarus and Russia supplied 40 percent of the world's potash, a critical element in fertilizer.  Fertilizer is a short term solution for slowing the depletion of soil, and it like many items, has become very expensive.

I'm not up to speed on how much byproduct is being fed to cattle, but...
https://grist.org/article/meat-wagon-cow-feed-misdeeds/