News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Unlimited bear news

Started by Woolly Bugger, August 09, 2015, 15:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slats and 23 Guests are viewing this topic.

Woolly Bugger

Black bears in the backyard: Why they're everywhere, and what to do

The bear made its way down Main Street, cutting through backyards and getting into mischief, while Leslie Badger followed at a distance.

"He checked out a few gardens, helped himself to some vegetables and fruit trees," she says. "Then he found a nice pool to go swimming."

Badger is a police officer and the one-woman animal control department of Hingham, Mass., a suburb across the harbor from Boston. When a bear showed up at the beginning of August, it was only the second time she'd ever responded to an ursine issue.

"He was enjoying himself," she says. "He played with a pool noodle and a squirt gun toy, and when he was done, believe it or not, he went over to the filter and dumped it out. It was like he was saying, 'Thanks for letting me use the pool, I'll clean out my bear fur.'"

https://wapo.st/3ZRbRnN
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

jwgnc

Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

Rhody

Taken from the back patio door in Asheville this past Sunday morning.

You cannot view this attachment.

My picture weighs more than your picture.
J.M.

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

A stretch of the Blue Ridge Parkway is shutting down temporarily after reports of people trying to hold a young bear.

The National Park Service says the agency had received multiple reports of "visitors feeding and attempting to hold a young bear" at the Lane Pinnacle Overlook, according to a news release.

https://myfox8.com/news/north-carolina/nps-closes-part-of-blue-ridge-parkway-after-reports-of-people-trying-to-hold-young-bear
me -There's a season?

jwgnc

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on October 30, 2023, 15:31:38 PMA stretch of the Blue Ridge Parkway is shutting down temporarily after reports of people trying to hold a young bear.

The National Park Service says the agency had received multiple reports of "visitors feeding and attempting to hold a young bear" at the Lane Pinnacle Overlook, according to a news release.

https://myfox8.com/news/north-carolina/nps-closes-part-of-blue-ridge-parkway-after-reports-of-people-trying-to-hold-young-bear
"visitors feeding and attempting to hold a young bear"

I wish mama would have come out and slapped them around a bit.  

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on October 31, 2023, 08:23:57 AM

Not to disparage the hiker, but "aggressively pursued by a hungry bear" gave me a pause after watching the clip.  The young bear may have been aggressive during the 45-minute engagement, in parts of the encounter not shown.  And he/she may have been hungry, but appears fit, only curious in this short clip. I've seen many bears in the woods and damned if I can tell if they are hungry. 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Woolly Bugger

Gorges campground closed for 2 weeks after bear tears apart trailer

Visitors and the bear are fine.
Author: Teyah Glenn
Published: 9:30 AM EDT November 3, 2023
Updated: 9:30 AM EDT November 3, 2023
NORTH CAROLINA, USA — Gorges campground at Gorges State Park is closed for two weeks after a bear reportedly tore apart a trailer that was in the area Thursday.
The bear was reportedly seen at Gorges State Park Wednesday, according to the North Carolina State Parks and Recreation (NCSPR) Facebook post.
They said the bear ripped apart the trailer overnight after reporting about the bear being in the area the day before.

https://www.wfmynews2.com/article/news/community/bear-tears-apart-camper-trailer-gorges-state-park-nc/83-61cb7d39-1305-4ada-ade6-a37accceb6fe

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

jwgnc

I used bear spray earlier this year on a two-year-old that returned after I had previously chased him away with a leaf blower.  It was the first time I'd ever used it.  It shot quite a distance and it actually had a kick, and barrel rise.  And most importantly, it worked. 

If you are considering a purchase, don't get simple pepper spray,  It is half the price, but is much, much weaker and may not do the job.

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?