News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Back At It

Started by Onslow, September 12, 2021, 17:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onslow

This year has brought many challenges.  My old man has passed away, mom is declining with dementia, my wife's cousin Bob, who happens to be a very caring person and the cornerstone of her father's family is now in the hospital with Covid.

On the bright side, I decided to neglect professional duties this weekend, celebrated 27 years of bondage with my wife, and took my son to the local NPS property for a little fishing. My boy also snagged a state job, and starts late this month. Autism has been marginalized in his life instead of him.

Caleb is no fisherman, but he does enjoy identifying plants, and whatnot.  I wasn't sure how he'd feel pushing up a high gradient stream.  This was his first rodeo, but he nailed it, and worked his way of this no trail beat like a champ. We hiked 5 miles, waded 1 mile, and fished for two hours. About 24 fish were caught.

You cannot view this attachment.

Al

Cherish those moments. Let Caleb and everyone else in your life know how much they mean to you.

Dougfish

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Big J

Ken, you up your photo taken game on us?  V:;

Nicely done. 

Trout Maharishi

Looks like a nice outting. Nice rainbows for such a small stream.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Dee-Vo

My condolences to you, friend. I'm sorry to hear about your father, and that dementia is mean.

On a brighter note - I'm glad your boy is enjoying the outdoors. Very refreshing to see this.

driver

Beautiful creek. At this point I'd take 2020 of 2021  b';

Onslow

Quote from: driver on September 15, 2021, 21:38:13 PMAt this point I'd take 2020 of 2021  b';

I'm not confident next year will be better.