1 (6.3%)
0 (0%)
More than 6
3 (18.8%)
one time at bandcamp I got my rod repaired
1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

greg

Jim's books are good. I know I have read a couple.

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on April 16, 2022, 15:04:49 PMSage called Friday and said they are starting work on my rod.. <-;:

You will have in back in a week or 10 days :cheers
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: greg on April 16, 2022, 17:45:32 PMByron at little river outfitter told me Walter sometimes gives him flies for Christmas and they are about too pretty to fish. And that's about the truth. I suck at tying dry flies and I order from him a couple of times a year. I've got two of his rods. Love them both.

Don't let Byron fool you he can hold his own at fly tying to. I have a few of Walter's flies tucked away. He always just gives the flies away as he ties them at any of the demos he does. Every fly looks like it came out of a machine, perfect proportions, and he never waste a thread wrap. I'm looking forward to seeing them all in Townsend for fly tiers weekend again this year.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

greg

Are they doing f fly tiers weekend this year? I took a couple of classes at LRO that Walter helped teach. You are absolutely right about proportion and his flies looking dang near perfect

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: greg on April 16, 2022, 17:45:32 PMByron at little river outfitter told me Walter sometimes gives him flies for Christmas and they are about too pretty to fish. And that's about the truth. I suck at tying dry flies and I order from him a couple of times a year. I've got two of his rods. Love them both.

Ah heck so I'm not telling you nothing you don't already know.:embarassed: You are lucky to be on the list that he will tie flies for. I know from speaking with him it's a short list and getting shorter all the time. :cheers Walter is as good as they come. I feel very lucky to have him as a friend.
― Charles Bukowski

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: greg on April 16, 2022, 18:01:15 PMAre they doing f fly tiers weekend this year? I took a couple of classes at LRO that Walter helped teach. You are absolutely right about proportion and his flies looking dang near perfect

Yes it's going to be the first weekend in Nov, 5th & 6th at the Tremont Lodge. I spoke to Anthony Hipps who is heading up the event last week and he said he had about 35 people lined up so far. I'll post something as the event gets nearer and give everyoe some info on who will be there and when they will be tying. I've signed up but my first grand child is due long about then and I'll have to wait and see how that works out.
― Charles Bukowski

greg

I haven't talked to Walter in a while. I know he was selling off a bunch of his demo rods. Wondering if he has stopped making rods.

Trout Maharishi

― Charles Bukowski

Dougfish

Quote from: greg on April 16, 2022, 16:44:18 PM
Quote from: Dougfish on March 22, 2022, 19:34:56 PMI've paid $60 + shipping for my Orvis repair. Twice, same rod. Bought on closeout at 50% off. Next break, it's scrap material.
The only other rod I've broken was an Orvis, too. Not to immune them, but...

The 50 - 70 y.o. glass collection has zero failure. Other than shitty cork due to bad storage.
 :cheers
if someone wanted to try glass rod what would you recommend? Only new glass I know of is the orvis superfine.
I only have one modern glass store bought rod. A 6'9" 3wt Echo Glass. Love it. I have built up a few from blanks. Also good. The Echo is better. Noodly, tough as nails.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Woolly Bugger

just got off the horn with Sage, my SP has been in the repair que for 4 weeks now, should be a couple more weeks... now the kicker... my rod has a "golden ticket" serial number starting with QRS, back in the 90's when these were made, in order to compete with other rod manufacturers, Sage offered a lifetime "no questions asked" warranty. So they are repairing the rod for free.

This was a rod that I got from TU when I signed up for a Lifetime membership.  d:b
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Maharishi

I would have thought you would have it back already. I wonder if they had a blank and are building you one?
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on May 17, 2022, 22:26:23 PMI would have thought you would have it back already. I wonder if they had a blank and are building you one?

From the sound of it they are making one
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on March 28, 2022, 14:45:39 PMRod is in the shop!

Now the waiting starts anew

5 week est, does that include shilling time? We shall see!

The repair has been completed and is schedule to ship today with delivery on 6/2 5/31. I guess that they are sending it in  a flatcar as ABsales would say
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

FedX said early delivery - then changed to delayed and now scheduled  for Friday. — 10 1/2 weeks
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?