1 (6.3%)
0 (0%)
More than 6
3 (18.8%)
one time at bandcamp I got my rod repaired
1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Platypus

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on March 22, 2022, 14:47:27 PM$175 for the Sage repair

I had the repair done 7 or 8 years ago. It may have cost 125.00. Im getting old and can't remember minutia that well anymore. I would have paid 175 to fix the rod.  They remade a section of rod they hadn't sold for a number of rears.  Solid company, As most of them are. 

Dougfish

I've paid $60 + shipping for my Orvis repair. Twice, same rod. Bought on closeout at 50% off. Next break, it's scrap material.
The only other rod I've broken was an Orvis, too. Not to immune them, but...

The 50 - 70 y.o. glass collection has zero failure. Other than shitty cork due to bad storage.
 :cheers
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Woolly Bugger

You cannot view this attachment.

The SP is making its way across the country on the way to the repair shop.

The new Recon is rigged and ready as soon as the water comes back down.
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

I broke an orvis bamboo once, it cost $450 to get a new tip section and it was "in the shop" for 13 months!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

Almost there!
You cannot view this attachment.
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

Rod is in the shop!

Now the waiting starts anew

5 week est, does that include shilling time? We shall see!
me -There's a season?

Dougfish

Go play with that new Whorvis rod while you wait.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Trout Maharishi

Let me know if you need me to call them. I usually get a fast response when I start asking about their fire prevention systems <-;:  :laugh:
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Dougfish on March 28, 2022, 16:16:19 PMGo play with that new Whorvis rod while you wait.

Imma gonna try and chase whitey this week...
me -There's a season?

Rhody

I sent 3 rods to Sage in mid-Nov. 2021, the week after the albie trip. Finally broke down and paid the $150 fee to repair the 5 Wt. XP that's been fixed 2x before for $45 each time. Also sent in an 8 wt. Sage One for a new tip section that's still connected to a fly line and albie somewhere out in the ocean.... and a Redington Predator for a broken tip repair. Got the 8wt. back first in early Feb. which I was sweating for a recent trip, then 3 weeks later got the XP back and another 2 weeks later got a brand new Predator 10 wt. replacement for a broken tip, 3 days before my last trip. Sent them all in at the same time in one package.

Just bought a new GLoomis NRX+ Salt and their expedited warranty was one of the factors in purchasing, and it is a great rod, current favorite in the quiver- Details of their warranty below-

If you fish a lot and are clumsy like me, you are going to break rods. If you fish albies, you are definitely going to break some/all of your shit.
If you fish permit, you probably will never get a chance to actually land a permit, and the rod will be spared, trust me on this one....permit just gave me the fin 3 different times and a yellowtail stole the fly from in front of an eating permit.

GLoomis expedited warranty program is:XPEDITOR
Our Xpeditor Service is a no-fault, "no questions asked" replacement program designed to get you back on the water fast (U.S. And Canada customers only). If your registered rod is damaged or broken, this program provides a same-model replacement for a very fair price. If you need support, please follow these two easy steps:

1. U.S. Customers, fill out the online form HERE and follow all prompts.

2. Canada Customers, please visit http://www.gloomis.ca for more information.

3. You will receive your replacement rod within a few days (pending on-hand product availability). Out of stock items will ship as soon as they become available.

Once the rod arrives, please do the following to complete the process:

1. Remove the replacement rod from the packaging. Inside you'll find a pre-printed return shipping label.

2. It's not necessary to return the entire damaged rod. We only require a piece of the blank printed with the logo and model information.

3. Take the package to your local courier for shipment back to G. Loomis.

Note: You'll have 30 days after receiving your replacement rod to return the blank section of the damaged rod. If the blank is not received within this timeframe, your credit card will be charged for the full retail price of the rod.

G. Loomis products are built with various grades of technology, componentry, and performance. Due to this, our Xpeditor fees vary depending on the family of rod being serviced. Please refer to the list below to determine Xpeditor pricing for your specific rod.

Discontinued models will be replaced with the closest like the model or build material. Demo rods, premier rods, and kit rods are not eligible for Xpeditor Service.
FLY XPEDITOR PROGRAM COST

FLY XPEDITOR

Series   USD FEE   CDN FEE
Crosscurrent
$150.00
$225.00
IMX-PRO
$150.00
$225.00
NRX-PRO
$150.00
$225.00
NRX+
$150.00
$225.00
ASQ
$310.00
$450.00
My picture weighs more than your picture.
J.M.

Woolly Bugger

Sage called Friday and said they are starting work on my rod.. <-;:
me -There's a season?

greg

Quote from: Dougfish on March 22, 2022, 19:34:56 PMI've paid $60 + shipping for my Orvis repair. Twice, same rod. Bought on closeout at 50% off. Next break, it's scrap material.
The only other rod I've broken was an Orvis, too. Not to immune them, but...

The 50 - 70 y.o. glass collection has zero failure. Other than shitty cork due to bad storage.
 :cheers
if someone wanted to try glass rod what would you recommend? Only new glass I know of is the orvis superfine.

greg

Only rod I sent back was an older sage rpl. At that time it was about$35 if I remember right. I did break a guide wrap on a bamboo. The maker fix3d for the cost of shipping. Walter Babb made it and he is a heck of a nice guy.

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: greg on April 16, 2022, 16:47:55 PMOnly rod I sent back was an older sage rpl. At that time it was about$35 if I remember right. I did break a guide wrap on a bamboo. The maker fix3d for the cost of shipping. Walter Babb made it and he is a heck of a nice guy.

Walter is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. His brother Jim is the editor for Grey's Sporting Journal. Walter makes a heck of a nice rod for the $$. He is also the best fly tier I know, and that covers a lot of ground. He doesn't travel much is the only reason I think he isn't as widely know as some other American tiers, but believe me he can hold his own with anyone. I know he demos a couple of times a year at Little River Outfitters in Townsend. I also just saw his name on the list of fly tiers when I signed up for  fly tiers weekend the first weekend in Nov this year in Townsend

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

greg

Byron at little river outfitter told me Walter sometimes gives him flies for Christmas and they are about too pretty to fish. And that's about the truth. I suck at tying dry flies and I order from him a couple of times a year. I've got two of his rods. Love them both.