Plenty of Fish in the Sea (Big Water Low Country)

Started by Sedition and Pockets, August 22, 2021, 22:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sedition and Pockets

I got down to Charleston earlier in the summer to pal around with some folks I've met along the way.  Squeezed out some time to hop on a boat for a couple of days of fishing the big water in the sounds and the open ocean.  Lots of variety.  Lots of toothy critters.  Lots of big reels spinning backwards.  I live for this shit.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

(You don't see these guys all that often in SC)

(Always a fun little diversion on the way to and from bigger and better things)

(Exactly the right amount of amberjack, I've hauled on a lot of these babies in the 30#+ class, and at some point, like a real hot sauce, the only flavor is pain)

(My first time scoring one of these drag screamers on the fly.  Get in the box!)

(Also a first on the fly.  An absolute menace for the bait boys targeting kings, but I've seen so many of these big fuckers laid up on top of the wrecks over the years, and finally got one to actually eat a fly.  Look at that beautiful gnarly grin!)

(Spinner sharks are picky bitches when there's no chum in the water, but good lord are they electric when you tie one on)

(I've sight fished hundreds of redfish, but it never gets old)

(My usual coastal haunts don't offer many opportunities to sight fish eater size black drum, but fukk are they are delicious)

(This girl gave me the coolest, most violent eat of my life.  We found her cruising right against the sand in about a foot of water.  This is usually a tough scenario to connect on, but she absolutely garbaged the fly when I put it on her nose)

Cheers y'all!

Claire

Dougfish

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

RiverbumCO

I'm late to the party but whoever pilots that boat knows how to find a damn fish.
My real name is Chad Farthouse.