News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

FRED!

Started by Woolly Bugger, August 17, 2021, 16:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

That's tragic news about the missing people... can't fathom the misery and worry for lost loved ones.

Scott Lewis, aka Maniac, has text me that the Davidson River Hatchery flooded out...
he says "trout all over the sidwalk/parking lot"
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

damage at teh hatchery...

me -There's a season?

Yallerhammer

I saw some pics today from a guy I work with who lives in Cruso on the Big east Fork of the Pigeon. His house is pretty much destroyed. They won't even let him go back up there. Houses sitting in the middle of what's left of the roads, lots of houses just gone. Pile of cars and trees and house trailers and campers and utility sheds. Houses on top of piles of cars. Trout laying around dead on the ground and swimming in puddles. It's unbelievable, looks like a nuke dropped.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Dougfish

Ugh. Sad, sad stuff.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Woolly Bugger

276 closed

You cannot view this attachment.
me -There's a season?

Trout Maharishi

That section that's closed is from Cruso to Brevard. It's a winding 2 lane goat path and I imagine it's wiped out in many places. Gonna be a long drive for someone to get around that section. No access to the Blue Ridge Parkway in either direction for miles either.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on August 19, 2021, 18:00:30 PMThat section that's closed is from Cruso to Brevard. It's a winding 2 lane goat path and I imagine it's wiped out in many places. Gonna be a long drive for someone to get around that section. No access to the Blue Ridge Parkway in either direction for miles either.
I heard the triple arch bride on 215 had heavy damage, too.

Edit: "bridge," not bride. I don't know how the triple arch bride is doing, but her back will probably go out when she hits middle age.

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: Yallerhammer on August 19, 2021, 18:08:05 PM
Quote from: Trout Maharishi on August 19, 2021, 18:00:30 PMThat section that's closed is from Cruso to Brevard. It's a winding 2 lane goat path and I imagine it's wiped out in many places. Gonna be a long drive for someone to get around that section. No access to the Blue Ridge Parkway in either direction for miles either.

Oh no :'( That one is a beauty. I've seen photos of some of the bridges on the Davidson. They aren't safe and I'm sure they will be closed for a long time. All the forest service roads are closed over that way. The last time FS475 was damaged it took 3 or 4 years to open. The bridge at the hatchery looks like it's toast. The last time that was wipped out it took 3 years to replace it. I've never seen damage like this. I'm sure the US Forest Service doesn't have money to replace them.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on August 19, 2021, 18:21:53 PM
Quote from: Yallerhammer on August 19, 2021, 18:08:05 PM

Oh no :'( That one is a beauty. I've seen photos of some of the bridges on the Davidson. They aren't safe and I'm sure they will be closed for a long time. All the forest service roads are closed over that way. The last time FS275 was damaged it took 3 or 4 years to open. The bridge at the hatchery looks like it's toast. The last time that was wipped out it took 3 years to replace it. I've never seen damage like this. I'm sure the US Forest Service doesn't have money to replace them.
I was told that the Cruso Community Center is sitting in the middle of 276.

Trout Maharishi

Is the community center close to the fire dept? I bet 215 is toast too. I've never in my lifetime seen damage like this. I knew it was going to be bad when the ground was alread saturated and all the creeks were blow out before it ever hit. :'(
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

>>>Authorities combing areas of North Carolina flooded by the remnants of Tropical Storm Fred said Thursday that two people have been found dead and about 20 were unaccounted for.

Meanwhile, Fred — now a post-tropical cyclone — was pushing through New York and New England with drenching rains, and Tropical Storm Henri was sending dangerous waves onto East Coast beaches. Forecasters said Henri will likely strengthen into a hurricane as it approaches the northeastern U.S. early next week.

https://www.thetelegraph.com/news/article/2-dead-20-missing-in-North-Carolina-county-16398375.php#photo-21371915

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/2-dead-roughly-20-missing-in-western-nc-county-following-historic-flooding/ar-AANt6u4?ocid=BingNewsSearch#image=AANt6u4_1|10
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Trout Maharishi

Call out the National Guard and FEMA and ask for federal help Roy. This is so sad, these poor people need help now.
― Charles Bukowski