News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Ida

Started by Mudwall Gatewood 3.0, August 28, 2021, 09:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

I ain't feeling so good about Mrs. Ida.  Son with linemen crew preparing to head south to some staging area.  This one might be another bad one for parts of the gulf coast.

https://weather.com/?cm_ven=PS_BI_Ida_08272021_1&par=MK_BING
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Maharishi

150 mph winds, nothing nearly as bad as Katrina. Maybe this time the idiots will listen and leave town. Hospitals are already full of China Flu patients. I hope the path doesn't take it up through the TN valley. TN and WNC can't take another round so soon.

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

We can only hope it stays to the west You cannot view this attachment.and moves out quickly.
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on August 29, 2021, 06:38:51 AMWe can only hope it stays to the west You cannot view this attachment.and moves out quickly.

Ah crap, man I hope everyone gets the hell out of Dodge in the Gulf and it rains it's self out. Last time it was some crazy microburst and stuff I don't understand that dumped so much in such a small area.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

You cannot view this attachment.
me -There's a season?

Trout Maharishi

That doesn't look all that much different that the Fred rainfall totals that were predicted.
― Charles Bukowski

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on August 29, 2021, 08:20:49 AMThat doesn't look all that much different that the Fred rainfall totals that were predicted.
Yeah, and we got 14".
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Son is in St Bernard Port Louisiana.  Obviously, a lot of damage in the area.  Slept in his bucket truck last night and reports he may be there 4 weeks or more.  Locals treating the linemen well, providing small gestures of thanks, like slushies.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon