News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

This Pisses Me Off

Started by Dee-Vo, May 22, 2022, 21:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onslow

Damn, I've stood where there that branch comes in 20 years ago. I know a guy who hooked a brookie well over 12 at the confluence.

This is truly horrible.  I guess the fate of this creek will be the same as Elk Spur, and the Little Fisher. Cuts, silt, death.

I was hoping the Big Pine Creek would have a chance reverting back to a nice wild brookie/brown stream since stocking ceased about 5 years ago. Seems like it is being threatened as well.

trout-r-us

Many of the earth's once great natural resources have been destroyed through time in the name of progress. Ignorance, greed, and a devil may care attitude contributed. With effort and determination there are many examples where reparations have been made with some tremendously positive results. We have the know how and technology to save much of what remains, but it takes the desire and will to get it done. It comes down to "leadership" priorities, and I'm afraid that our favorite trout streams may not be high on the priority list of many of our elected officials.

"In an effort to become more business-friendly, the state favored industry over environmental organizations, critics say."

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2017/04/the-saga-of-north-carolinas-contaminated-water/521211/
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Onslow on May 23, 2022, 05:27:12 AMDamn, I've stood where there that branch comes in 20 years ago. I know a guy who hooked a brookie well over 12 at the confluence.

This is truly horrible.  I guess the fate of this creek will be the same as Elk Spur, and the Little Fisher. Cuts, silt, death.

I was hoping the Big Pine Creek would have a chance reverting back to a nice wild brookie/brown stream since stocking ceased about 5 years ago. Seems like it is being threatened as well.

Admittedly, I felt and still feel true heartache when I found out about this.

Quote from: trout-r-us on May 23, 2022, 06:44:44 AMMany of the earth's once great natural resources have been destroyed through time in the name of progress. Ignorance, greed, and a devil may care attitude contributed. With effort and determination there are many examples where reparations have been made with some tremendously positive results. We have the know how and technology to save much of what remains, but it takes the desire and will to get it done. It comes down to "leadership" priorities, and I'm afraid that our favorite trout streams may not be high on the priority list of many of our elected officials.

"In an effort to become more business-friendly, the state favored industry over environmental organizations, critics say."

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2017/04/the-saga-of-north-carolinas-contaminated-water/521211/

Sadly enough, there will never be "enough" gained by anyone to make everyone content with what has been accumulated, like a hole that cannot be filled. It'll be like this until the end of time. I just hope the end of time for us leaves the Earth strong enough to start over, instead of the end of time for Earth being because of us.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on May 23, 2022, 08:49:08 AMThis might lift you up and perhaps help restore your faith in the human spirit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MadeMeSmile/comments/ty3j7g/music_is_ingrained_deep_within_her_soul_a_prima/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

That's really something. Thanks for posting.

Maybe I'll be lucky enough to be able to recall standing at the base of a beautiful waterfall in the waters of this creek after releasing a nice brook trout once my memory has been taken by a disease, if I'm so unlucky to have been stricken with such a thing.

Woolly Bugger

Those greedy bastards don't care about anything but money!

Defile the land and delay and appeal the fines...

Fuck them.

https://www.bizapedia.com/nc/bottomley-properties-nc-llc.html

Bottomley Properties Nc, LLC is a North Carolina Domestic Limited-Liability Company filed On April 27, 2017. The company's filing status is listed as Current-Active and its File Number is 1591140.

The Registered Agent on file for this company is Bottomley, Martha R and is located at 140 South Sparta Parkway, Sparta, NC 28675. The company's principal address is 140 South Sparta Parkway, Sparta, NC 28675 and its mailing address is 140 South Sparta Parkway, Sparta, NC 28675.

The company has 1 contact on record. The contact is Mitchell Blan Bottomley from Sparta NC.

Phone Number:     (336) 372-5252

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on May 23, 2022, 09:56:49 AMThose greedy bastards don't care about anything but money!

Defile the land and delay and appeal the fines...

Fuck them.

https://www.bizapedia.com/nc/bottomley-properties-nc-llc.html

Bottomley Properties Nc, LLC is a North Carolina Domestic Limited-Liability Company filed On April 27, 2017. The company's filing status is listed as Current-Active and its File Number is 1591140.

The Registered Agent on file for this company is Bottomley, Martha R and is located at 140 South Sparta Parkway, Sparta, NC 28675. The company's principal address is 140 South Sparta Parkway, Sparta, NC 28675 and its mailing address is 140 South Sparta Parkway, Sparta, NC 28675.

The company has 1 contact on record. The contact is Mitchell Blan Bottomley from Sparta NC.

Phone Number:     (336) 372-5252

And it sounds like this is just their way of doing things. I believe I read where this is one of the largest fines that has been handed down -- unfortunately, these $200,000 fines sound like big help to many, but is pocket change to these large groups. No wonder they are careless as can be. No real penalty.

Woolly Bugger

>>>Awine executive faces millions in fines after razing dozens of acres of trees for a vineyard in California, water officials said.

The clearing of the oak woodlands caused "significant damage to the streams and wetlands" in the former Alexander Valley Ranch in 2018, according to a news release from the North Coast Regional Water Quality Control Board.

Hugh Reimers and his business Krasilsa Pacific Farms, LLC face a $3.75 million fine from the state board, according to the May 24 news release.

too bad NC doesn't fine like CA
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

greg

Too many times the fines are low and are considered a cost of business. They dirty things up pay the fine and keep going.

Woolly Bugger

Judge tosses historic fine against Bottomley Properties because wrong DEQ employee signed the paperwork

A judge tossed a $263,000 civil penalty assessed to Bottomley Properties for procedural reasons, finding that the Department of Environmental Quality employee who signed the paperwork was not authorized to do so.

Administrative Law Judge John Evans, himself a former DEQ chief deputy secretary in the McCrory administration, issued his decision earlier this month.

In April 2022, the Division of Water Resources fined the company for agency officials described as "egregious violations" of the state's water quality standards. "The violations observed constituted some of the most extensive sedimentation damage to waters the Division of Water Resources staff involved in this matter have ever seen," previously court documents read.

https://ncnewsline.com/briefs/judge-tosses-historic-fine-against-bottomley-properties-because-wrong-deq-employee-signed-the-paperwork/

me -There's a season?