News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Charter/Spectrum vs Disney

Started by troutboy_II, September 01, 2023, 10:03:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutboy_II

Ok, petty issue perhaps, but these big boys pissing  p;-  on each other is now pissing me off. Can't watch F-1 practice and probably the race on Sunday either. I stream ESPN+ so I figured that would satisfy my need for ESPN, but nope. 

I appreciate that business has to be profitable, but Disney needs to sell ABC & ESPN and get back to what they really understand.

Thanks for the opportunity to bitch.   b';

TB
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

Woolly Bugger

I liked the world where you could watch "over the air" without having to subscribe to cable or streaming service to watch sports.

fuck 'em all and go fish!

"Religion is the opium of the masses."

"Religion Television is the opium of the masses."

"Religion Television Tic-toc is the opium of the masses."
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

trout-r-us

I currently use Directv Stream. They have been in a Squibble with Nextar for what seems to be a couple months, so our FOX local channel has been unavailable. No biggie for me other than listening to my wife grumble about not being able to watch Beat Shazam.
But, with the upcoming NFL season, if I miss a game I want to watch, I'll be searching for a different service. If I was in the big city, I could get by with an antenna, but it's too inconsistent here. 🙁
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

driver

Quote from: trout-r-us on September 01, 2023, 12:15:31 PMI currently use Directv Stream. They have been in a Squibble with Nextar for what seems to be a couple months, so our FOX local channel has been unavailable. No biggie for me other than listening to my wife grumble about not being able to watch Beat Shazam.
But, with the upcoming NFL season, if I miss a game I want to watch, I'll be searching for a different service. If I was in the big city, I could get by with an antenna, but it's too inconsistent here. 🙁

Do you research on antennas you should be able to get one to pick up some stations.

I have a 60 mile antenna and if turned the right direction I can pick up Greensboro channels. This is how I watch local channels.

trout-r-us

Quote from: driver on September 02, 2023, 19:56:03 PM
Quote from: trout-r-us on September 01, 2023, 12:15:31 PMI currently use Directv Stream. They have been in a Squibble with Nextar for what seems to be a couple months, so our FOX local channel has been unavailable. No biggie for me other than listening to my wife grumble about not being able to watch Beat Shazam.

Do you research on antennas you should be able to get one to pick up some stations.

I have a 60 mile antenna and if turned the right direction I can pick up Greensboro channels. This is how I watch local channels.

Thanks for the tip.
Do you use a rooftop, attic, or in-house model? I tried one of those simple flat type that ya stick in a window, and did get good reception at times but was not consistent enough to make it worthwhile.
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Woolly Bugger

you can use this guide to help with type and elevation of antennae

https://www.fcc.gov/media/engineering/dtvmaps

At my old house I built a DIY antenna and placed it in the attic, got all the local channels in very clear and many more that ranged from very good to poor

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutboy_II

I use antenna at cabin and am a fan.  Antenna will only work on over the air signals however.

In Greenvile, use cable plus stream some stuff including ESPN+ but Disney is using locations to block ESPN, etc. from Charter/Spectrum (I think) so it occurred to me that the VPN I have through my security software might fool them. It did!! 

Fuck you Disney!  I enjoyed the F-1 race this morning. Missed the Tech game last night, but I think that was a good thing.  b';

TB
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

rbphoto

I've been pissed about losing F1 on ESPN+ as well.

With my wounded left wing, I won't be fishing until November or December, at the earliest.  I hate watching TV as a general rule, but I can't do much else for a couple more months.

"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

troutboy_II

For what it's worth, I called Spectrum and complained and supposedly, I will get one time $15 credit. You probably have to ask, so /'/

TB

trout-r-us

Quote from: troutboy_II on September 05, 2023, 10:06:48 AMFor what it's worth, I called Spectrum and complained and supposedly, I will get one time $15 credit. You probably have to ask, so /'/

TB

More generous than the one time $10 available from Directv. Also, only available upon request.
― Heraclitus