• Welcome to Pretentious Snobby Bastard Fly Fishing!. Please login or sign up.
January 23, 2022, 05:32:07 AM

News:

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Bottomless Crappie Plate

Started by Onslow, May 22, 2021, 18:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onslow

May 22, 2021, 18:49:24 PM Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 21:49:10 PM by Onslow

A few hours were available this afternoon to sneak out to one of my sacred fishing holes.  It has been about 2 years since the last visit.  Nothing much has changed, except the crappie are a tad larger. Fished for about an 1.5 hours.  Landed 6 bass, and about a 20 crappie.

" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">

Started off using a white articulated streamer shown below.  Caught the first 16 after the third cast.

" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">

The second large bass was a bit acrobatic, and came unglued.

A little bloomage from the garden.

This rose has been in the family for 80 years or better.  Don't know what kind it is, but my wife has rooted about 20 of these over the years.

We've harvested at least 6 gallons of strawberries this year from the 'groundcover' beds around the yard.  20 bags in the freezer, and this is the third batch of jam.

Yallerhammer

Hell yeah! Those are some sure-nuff slab crappie to come from a creek that size.

Women want me, doughbellies fear me.<br /><br />Little Debbie Prostaff

Phil

Hmmm... Can you send detailed directions to that crappie creek? :o

itieuglyflies

No need to send directions.....crappie fillets and strawberry jam will do

Stone-Man

Damn nice, Ken  !!   You throw that St. Croix at them ??

Onslow

Quote from: Stone-Man on May 25, 2021, 18:00:11 PM

Damn nice, Ken  !!   You throw that St. Croix at them ??

Nah, that rod will be used fishing from a canoe for bug tossin. Should be doing some of that soon.

NCsporksman

#CommissionsEarned