As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

2021 Warm Water

Started by bmadd, April 11, 2021, 22:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmadd

You cannot view this attachment.

NCsporksman

@Fin  ...don't you have something you'd like to share w the group??

Big J

Quote from: NCsporksman on April 14, 2021, 23:33:42 PM@Fin  ...don't you have something you'd like to share w the group??

Ha! You know Fin? He ain't posting a TR. Especially of that fishery

Onslow

Quote from: Big J on April 15, 2021, 07:13:59 AM
Quote from: NCsporksman on April 14, 2021, 23:33:42 PM@Fin  ...don't you have something you'd like to share w the group??

Fishwhisperer (power plant dude) was there yesterday. He did ok.  Bass were off as well as the whites. Only one carp on the flyrod.
Ha! You know Fin? He ain't posting a TR. Especially of that fishery

Fin

Quote@Fin  ...don't you have something you'd like to share w the group??

:wave  n!n  :laugh:

Big J

When I saw Fin post the pictures on FB I was shocked.  What got into him to act out of character?  :o

Fin

QuoteWhen I saw Fin post the pictures on FB I was shocked.  What got into him to act out of character?

Most of my "friends" on FB are not fisherman and the ones that are already know. Low risk.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

My son and his pal caught these last afternoon in a local lake.  Fish sandwiches tonight.

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Big J

Cicadas out singing so that means carp time. 

I was in Orlando for a week with my family at Disney World.  Those nut jobs decided to stay 2 weeks which means I get to be a bachelor for week and do weird things to carp.  Drove 12 hours back from Orlando.  Woke up at 5 am and went 7 hours round trip to TN for carp.  Felt wiped, but it was worth it. 

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Truck hauling a trailer shot a tire across two lanes into the median and then it hoped back into the road and across 3 lanes.  Glad it wasn't my trailer.

Fished with Fin who had hit the lake already a couple times and had it dialed in.  Got into fish pretty soon and keep on them all day.  Landed between 30-40 carp between the two of us and lost a bunch too.  I think I broke 4 off before I finally landed one.

Bass played too.

Carp on some sexy OSB deck.

This smallie crushed my fly.  When it jumped I told Fin it was a smallie but he didn't believe me.  Probably the biggest smallie I've caught and it was a "by-catch".  :laugh:

Fin's crippled carp. 

Lots of cookie cutter 3-5lb carp.  Think I got one around the 7lb mark.   Amazed by the fight these poor man's bonefish put up.  V:;

itieuglyflies

Wow, now that was a drive worth all the effort.....and sorry you had to deal with that awful bycatch. Those OSB decks are status symbols and now worth more than the boats.

Onslow

Great results from the play.  That is some fine bonus bassage.

streamereater_101691

@Big J your wife buy you that shirt or @Dougfish?

Big J

Quote from: streamereater_101691 on June 09, 2021, 18:59:17 PM@Big J your wife buy you that shirt or @Dougfish?

Ha. She hates this shirt. Which in return makes me wear it more

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: streamereater_101691 on June 09, 2021, 18:59:17 PM@Big J your wife buy you that shirt or @Dougfish?

Wrong.  I find it odd that J did not mention they travelled farther south to Knoxville BEFORE they fished.  Perhaps Fin will give us the scoop on their adventures to Outdoor Hip Gals Unlimited in Knoxville, where they both purchased their shirts for this angling trip.    Word is J had to try on more than a dozen before he could find one with fish that fit, women's size 18, bust size 44-45.  I think Fin was more secretive and just snatched the first one that flipped his cookie off the rack. 

Looked like you guys had a great trip – nice catches.

Now honestly, how many of us would associate with 2 dudes wearing shirts like this?
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Big J

I've been waiting to fish with you Hiner so I can break these bad boys out.  I know how much you missed the short shorts in the 70's.