• Welcome to Pretentious Snobby Bastard Fly Fishing!!!!. Please login or sign up.
May 12, 2021, 06:52:25 AM

News:

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Local Bass Pond (again)

Started by Al, April 10, 2021, 19:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

Hit the local bass pond again this morning. Tried to get someone to hold down the front of the canoe but they were either busy or getting up at some ungodly hour for the opening day of Turkey season. One nice thing about warm water fish is they don't seem to mind if you don't start fishing until midmorning.

Got there to find the landowner had recently raised the water level and it broke loose lots of weeds. That made fishing my favorite Whooper Plooper a chore in all but one end of the pond.
You cannot see attachments on this board.

I'm usually able to coach one or two from the dock before settling into the canoe but not today.  It took awhile but finally got one on a floating worm worked a little below the surface.

A few more then I hit a honey hole that yielded 4 and a couple more dropped off right at the canoe

Missed or lost more than I caught - fishing that grass is a bear.

Finally put my Whooper Plopper to use near the deep end of the pond where the grass was not as thick

Nothing real big today - this pond holds some 6-8 pounders.  Caught about a dozen. I've done better -but it was still nice to break out of Covid lockdown.

troutrus

Very nice Al. Glad ya had a good day.

Onslow

You're a lucky man Al. Nice work!

Stone-Man

Those bass look a little stunted or maybe you caught all males
Nice report and glad you got plenty of action.  THX Al

JT

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

itieuglyflies

Great to see Al can fish without a woman in boat.

#CommissionsEarned