News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Opening Day

Started by driver, April 10, 2021, 22:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

driver

Me and fam spent last weekend in the high country. I had a couple of hours Saturday evening, So I hit a close by creek. Water was high and stained. I didn't have much expectation going in, but wetting a line on new water is better than nothing.

Nice drop off waterfall.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

I didn't catch anything for the first 45 min. After that I found a slower pool on the back side of an island and tight lined this tiny pool. First drift had a take and the hookset didn't bite. The second drift I nailed em. I puckered my butt trying to stop it from running down stream 10ft into a log jam. I didn't bring a net so I had to tire it out and drag it on the bank. First trout of 2021. And so far the only trout of 2021.

As I was about to work my way out, And semi truck pulls in to the area where I was parked. There was also another big rig already there, and then a pick up pulls up. I didn't want to walk out with those guys standing there because the was a no trespassing sign right where they were. So I waited it out for 15min. And finally said fuck it. As they were just standing around bullshitting. Greetings were passed and that was it.

Who know when I'll fish for trout again, At least a got a good'un. Even if it was a holdover.

streamereater_101691

Plastic still on the scott cork? Come on dude..

driver

Quote from: streamereater_101691 on April 10, 2021, 22:22:50 PMPlastic still on the scott cork? Come on dude..

Didn't have anything to cut it off with. Hadn't pulled it out the tube since it came back from repair. The sad part is that I broke that rod last July.

itieuglyflies

If you are only going to catch one, that is definitely the one to get.

itieuglyflies

If you are only going to catch one, that is definitely the one to get.

tgoode