Anybody know anything about Chris Barclay Fly Rod Co. (in Winston, I think)

Started by troutboy_II, March 20, 2021, 12:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutboy_II

Saw this guy mentioned elsewhere as a primo builder of glass rods.  Not sure I want to go that route and may want to start cheaper if I decide to, but figured somebody on here might know him and would give an opinion on his rods.  Hell, he might even be on here - what do I know????

Thanks.

TB
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

ryguy

Heard of the company, never cast one of the rods.
The Fiberglass Manifesto just put a blog post about this company up:
http://thefiberglassmanifesto.blogspot.com/2021/03/c-barclay-fly-rod-co-on-orders-taking.html?m=1

Might be more info there.  I like that site, and glass rods are cool.

Dougfish

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

troutboy_II

When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

Dougfish

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

bmadd

I had two of his original series. Build quality is top notch. Blanks are rolled from one of the best and I am sure he's dialed his tapers in more. I wish I had kept one, but they didn't get used like they should and I made money on both so  d:b