$5,000 - $500,000
0 (0%)
I just use my phone
2 (18.2%)
on time at band camp I had a watch stolen
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Woolly Bugger

Q. Why the fuck would someone wear a 500 fucking thousand dollar watch?

A. 'Cause you can only spend so much on hookers and blow

You cannot view this attachment.

Surveillance footage captured the moment terrified diners ran for their lives and a robber was wrestled to the ground after he stormed Beverly Hills restaurant Il Pastaio with two accomplices.

The video, filmed from a nearby store, shows a man tumbling out of the covered outdoor dining area at the swanky eatery, while another is wrestled to the ground before fleeing. Diners are seen running in all directions as shots are fired.

Jewelry dealer Shay Belhassen, the man who had a $500,000 watch stolen,  has spoken out to recall the incident that left him unharmed but another woman shot in the leg.

He was having lunch at the restaurant on Thursday when three armed robbers stormed inside and demanded his watch. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9331751/Footage-captures-moment-three-robbers-flee-Il-Pastaio-stealing-500-000-watch.html
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Onslow

The 500k could have been donated to a community college to bolster local vocational ed. Stupid privileged folk.....

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

½ million and you get no tracking capability?   Did I miss that in the article?

Donating to the state's CCs is not a bad idea but w/ +18% poverty in CA there are other philanthropic options.

I've never had a watch that costs $50!

If I had $500,000 to blow, I'd think long term, and invest in Virginia's 'weed' futures --- growing and distribution with all forthcoming profits earmarked for my favorite Virginia charities.  I'd hire hort folk like Doug (CEO) and Fin (COO).  Big J would handle the books.  Boss, Grayson, and RiverbumCO would be the 'taste testers'.  Troutrus, who's never touched the stuff, would be the head of OSHA and safety.  Onslow would oversee construction and maintenance.  Al would take care of security.  Yaller would supervise charitable distributions to only left-leaning, progressive, secular entities.  Beetle would manage human resources because he doesn't like pissing off anyone.   5X would be in charge of pest and mountain lion control.  Troutphisher would work the fields, planting, maintaining, and harvesting.  I'd hire any of you if and only if you reeled with the correct hand. 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Woolly Bugger

I have a Seiko "Dive" watch that cost a couple hundred back in the day...

Maybe I'll ebay it...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254873791801
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Phil

Half a million dollars is pretty much beyond my comprehension. Having a WATCH that costs that much is basically obscene.