• Welcome to Pretentious Snobby Bastard Fly Fishing!!!!. Please login or sign up.
April 21, 2021, 00:12:45 AM

News:

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Urban waterway...

Started by Woolly Bugger, February 22, 2021, 18:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

February 22, 2021, 18:43:33 PM Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 18:45:28 PM by Woolly Bugger
I found a potential city fishing hole... kida off the beaten path... headwaters of Silas Creek

thinkin' there might could be a few LMB in here...

can't be obvious about carrying a bunch of stuff in here...  <-;:

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Sedition and Pockets

February 22, 2021, 19:10:31 PM #1 Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 19:13:19 PM by Sedition and Pockets
Muddler or a puglisi style baitfish pattern in olive or green over orange, possibly a little umpqua deer hair frog, like a sz 10.  Long leader.  They're kinda c*nts in those skinny creeks.

bmadd

Posted water or just not wanting to draw attention?

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: bmadd on February 22, 2021, 19:36:54 PMPosted water or just not wanting to draw attention?

parts are posted...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Onslow

Intruders and Woolly buggers prespawn, fat Albert s and frog pattern post spawn.

Clousers suck in wood.

bmadd

I would agree with downsizing for sure. Small poppers, beadchain clousers, gurglers, bunny leach, etc

Ronbo

February 24, 2021, 13:37:15 PM #6 Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 13:39:32 PM by Ronbo
I think I would start with a bugger, if only because they can be fished so many different ways.  Not every creek is full of baitfish and a bugger will imitate about anything that lives in a creek. I would make sure it had a little flash and legs.

NCsporksman

downstream of where the homeless bathe, carp city

Yallerhammer

Women want me, doughbellies fear me.<br /><br />Little Debbie Prostaff

#CommissionsEarned