News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

unlimited badasses...

Started by Woolly Bugger, March 16, 2021, 08:10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Aleksander Doba, Who Kayaked Across the Atlantic, Dies at 74

He hungered to paddle across an ocean so vast it seemed infinite. He did it three times, setting records and becoming a national hero in Poland.

Aleksander Doba, a Polish adventurer who kayaked alone across the Atlantic at the age of 70 while subsisting on his wife's fortifying plum jam — after having twice paddled solo across the Atlantic when he was in his 60s — died on Feb. 22 on the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania, Africa. He was 74.

His son Czeslaw said the cause was asphyxia resulting from high-altitude pulmonary edema.

For 110 days, Mr. Doba paddled eastward on his specially designed fiberglass kayak, Olo. Along with jars of his wife's plum jam, he subsisted on freeze-dried goulash and porridge, chocolate bars and homemade wine. After his salt-water-drenched clothes became too irritating, he navigated the rest of his trip buck naked. He slept in a tiny coffin-shaped cabin that he entered by sliding through a portal, and when flying fish landed on his deck he snacked on them alive. ("Very fine," he said. "Better than sushi.")

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/11/world/europe/aleksander-doba-dead.html?fbclid=IwAR2NGZHtbhmLlSO1IZKXvZyUccRvZSqgulTl7oMiKF1jpPEbivLmIE1BMhM
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!