New Spot Gen 4

Started by Woolly Bugger, October 05, 2020, 14:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

driver

Bossman what plan you using?

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: driver on October 13, 2020, 20:32:28 PMBossman what plan you using?

You cannot view this attachment.

basic annual plan... no add-ons such as search and rescue insurance which would cover cost of rescue services outside of normal if there is such a thing as normal...

https://www.findmespot.com/en-us/products-services/service-plans#spot-gen4-plans

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutboy_II

Thanks for the info - this is very helpful.  Let us know how your next "test" goes after all the tweaking.  I may have found the right product based on your test, but I will await your next post after the tweaking check.

Thanks again for the help!

TB
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

Woolly Bugger

A I mentioned you can set up many different profile for the messages that will be sent. Earlier I had duplicated a profile but didn't check all of the tabs and messages for the items; check-in, custom message, and help. So before going on my adventure yesterday I checked everything on the the web-site and filled in the missing contacts and messages.

Then off to the mountains for peak foliage.

Checked-in at the start, the text message popped up on my phone since I had a cell signal at this location confirming that it was sent.

QuoteFRM:noreply@findmespot.com

MSG:Woolly Bu..

ll=36.07465,-81.79535

Everything is A-OK, just checking in! Starting my trip now.

I was only out for 2:30 hours so at 10 minute tracking intervals the spot should have sent 15 pings to the map..

I count ten on the map...

https://maps.findmespot.com/s/JSJ3

The custom message was also sent upon the end of my short trip.

It was received by all parties in a timely manner...

so I feel like everything is working as expected... an extra split ring added to my pack will help keep the Spot facing flat and in a better orientation to the sky.

d:b 
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?