News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

unlimited odds and ends

Started by Woolly Bugger, September 13, 2020, 08:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Is That A Dinosaur? Matt and his friend Jason were fly fishing for Striped Bass on one of Middle Tennessee's infamous...

Posted by Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency on 
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Onslow

Rental car shortage,lol?

Best reserve the wheels before booking wings.

Big J

Yes, the rental car shortage is real.  Just tried booking a car for Hawaii in July....2 out 5 major car rental companies are completely booked.  The 2 that have vehicles, just have cars.  At $900+ for 1 week.  I have a family of 5 with 3 car seats.  It'll be interesting. 

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

State agency recommends funding to help create new 117-acre park in Henry County

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

>>>Henry County is developing a 117-acre park adjacent to the Smith River Sports Complex that may include walking trails, wildlife observation areas, camping facilities and other recreational opportunities.

In late April, the Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation recommended only three projects for matching grants through the federal Land and Water Conservation Fund and Local Assistance Program, and the new "Riverview Park" in Henry County made the list.

"This past winter, Henry County applied for funding," said Tim Pace, Henry County's director of engineering. "The application sought funding to purchase a 56-acre parcel of land, which sits adjacent to the Smith River Sports Complex, and another parcel, 60.8 acres, owned by a local foundation, will be donated to serve as a match to a $495,000 grant.

"Combined, the two properties will create 117 acres of land dedicated to recreational purposes."

The 56-acre Vipperman parcel sits adjacent to the Smith River Sports Complex and would be purchased with LWCF funding and reserved in perpetuity for increasing open space outdoor recreation opportunities.

That 60.8-acre parcel is owned by Martinsville NEWCO, and although the name of the local foundation that will donate the property has not been disclosed, the owner and The Harvest Foundation share the same post office box, No. 5183, for receiving mail.

https://martinsvillebulletin.com/news/local/state-agency-recommends-funding-to-help-create-new-117-acre-park-in-henry-county/article_060685ac-b80d-11eb-a752-a76724d330c3.html
me -There's a season?

Onslow

Quote from: Big J on May 19, 2021, 07:35:23 AMYes, the rental car shortage is real.  Just tried booking a car for Hawaii in July....2 out 5 major car rental companies are completely booked.  The 2 that have vehicles, just have cars.  At $900+ for 1 week.  I have a family of 5 with 3 car seats.  It'll be interesting. 
[/quote
Quote from: Big J on May 19, 2021, 07:35:23 AMYes, the rental car shortage is real.  Just tried booking a car for Hawaii in July....2 out 5 major car rental companies are completely booked.  The 2 that have vehicles, just have cars.  At $900+ for 1 week.  I have a family of 5 with 3 car seats.  It'll be interesting. 

One week ahead of departure, I called six rental places in Dallas before scoring an overpriced vehicle at Hertz.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: troutrus on May 20, 2021, 16:19:31 PMMight want to try the Turo app for HI. Rent from individuals, sorta like Airbnb for vehicles.

cool app and I found just the car for Jacob...

You cannot view this attachment.
me -There's a season?

Big J

Quote from: troutrus on May 20, 2021, 16:19:31 PMMight want to try the Turo app for HI. Rent from individuals, sorta like Airbnb for vehicles.

I forgot about Turo. Thanks

Woolly Bugger

If you happens to be free. And IF you have a computer or some sort or streaming device capable of connecting to the interwebs and IF you like good music then I strongly encourage you to check out bröther Matson's graduation recital tomorrow night! Mf can play and write his ass off. Pour a drink and crank his recital and get all the goodness through your computer screen baby

Aaron Lanier Matson, Jazz Guitar
Monday, May 24, 2021, 9:00PM

https://www.juilliard.edu/event/149341/aaron-lanier-matson-jazz-guitar
me -There's a season?

Dougfish

Going to Colorado for 2 weeks. Will be in Steamboat for 5 full days.
Who's gonna fish?  :Dance
Contacted the local fly shop with some conditions and recommended gear questions.
Got an immediate response from the co-owner at 6:49 his time.
Three time silver Olympic Nordic Skiing medalist.
Helpful young lady took my call 15 minutes later.
Yeah, I'll drop some coin there.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Onslow

Wife scored a wood block print on Irish linen for $5 at a thrift shore. d:b  :o

Yallerhammer

Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

jwgnc

Looks like it's time for our backyard doe to go feed the youngster. Gotta name this one Dolly (Parton). I've never seen a doe that was so ... "blessed".

We haven't seen the little one yet, but last year she brought one down to chew on our flowers.

Stalk softly and carry a green stick.