As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

swinging once again...

Started by Woolly Bugger, September 08, 2020, 11:47:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

September 7, 2020 #40

Gas $1.95

The new has gone down to below 400 cfs for the first time this year!

Yesterday it was at 418 and pretty damn clear. Being a holiday I wanted to avoid as much clusterfuckery as possible and headed to the water above Bridle Creek Access in VA. The River is a bit narrower hear at about 240 feet as compared to 420 at Farmers Fish Camp. That 400+ cfs was pushing pretty hard down the rapids and I didn't catch any fish, so after 90 minutes I gave up and headed back down to the usual spot at FFC.

I didn't see any anglers as I crossed the bridge, so I rigged up the spey and headed upstream. Only then did i notice a spin fisherman rib deep in the big pool casting a large white fluke. Plenty of water here but I stayed low instead of working up past him. Worked a lot of water, caught a couple of small bass. They don't stay stuck to that intruder hook very well...

After I while the other guy came down and reported catching a couple in the deep slow pool he was fishing. I heded up to the upper rapids and he headed home. The water is still a bit pushy and as the sun was setting I didn't venture out too far of deep and failed to get to the best spots. I really wanted my "old man stick" to navigate the ledges. Maybe the river will get down to 300 or 250 where I'm more comfortable wading.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

The bright sun early in the day didn't help any.

When ya ain't catchin' fish photograph flowers...

You try catching a bass this size while swinging an intruder...  p;-

New Belgian Hopppy Variety Pack saved the day.

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

itieuglyflies

I guess for you swingers, size doesn't matter.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: itieuglyflies on September 08, 2020, 13:48:05 PMI guess for you swingers, size doesn't matter.

I was so tempted to get the single handed rod and throw a weighted clouser...

still working on that double spey cast...  <-;:
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!