GSMNP offering up to $5,000 to find vandal after racist message, bear skin found

Started by Woolly Bugger, September 24, 2020, 10:43:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

>>>The Great Smoky Mountains National Park is offering a reward to bring a vandal to justice after finding a racist message attached to a Foothills Parkway sign. Next to the message, someone also draped a bear skin over the top of the sign.

According to the GSMNP, the Foothills Parkway West entrance sign near Highway 321 in Walland had been vandalized sometime between Friday and Saturday.

The park said visitors notified them on September 19 around 8 a.m., saying they saw a black bear skin with its head still attached and a cardboard sign taped to the sign that read "from here to the lake black lives don't matter."

WBIR has a copy of the image but has elected not to share it because we do not want to be responsible for spreading its intended message.

The park confirmed the bear skin to be genuine after numerous people spread lies on social media claiming it was artificial.

"I can confirm that the skin is a real, untanned bear skin," GSMNP park official Dana Soehn said. "Determination of when the bear was skinned is a part of the ongoing investigation."

The park is offering up to $5,000 to anyone with information that leads to the vandal's arrest and conviction, saying it is looking for people who may have seen the vandalism taking place.

https://www.wbir.com/article/news/crime/smokies-offers-reward-to-find-vandal-after-racist-sign-found/51-5c16142e-7b5d-4c53-b96e-3d2a2608241c

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Yallerhammer

Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff