News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Bass are biting!

Started by Al, April 19, 2020, 10:15:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

I've been going to a friends bass pond where he has a canoe. Still going solo but it is a chore to fish, keep canoe straight and take a photo all at the same time. Thought I had a partner yesterday but got stood up at the last moment b';
You cannot view this attachment.

Didn't take long for the fish to bite - sorry I'm using a floating worm rig - no fly fishing when I'm fishing solo - to damn difficult.

They came pretty regular - much better than last week when I was there. Nothing big - average a pound or more.

One good thing about fishing alone is the beer last longer

Caught a couple that would push the 2 pound or better mark - This pond has them a lot bigger but not today.

Caught a dozen - also lost several right at the boat. This is my first time fishing with braided line - no stretch which helps with the hook-set. I like it for the hook-set ability but it is a "mother" to untangle if it gets wrapped around the end of your rod tip. I've already learned that it is less time consuming to simply cut it off and re-tie.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dougfish

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006