News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Corona Virus

Started by Woolly Bugger, February 02, 2020, 13:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you worried, have you changed habits?

I stopped drinking Corona Beer!
I stopped eating Chinese Take Out
What Corona Virus?
One time at band camp I got a virus...

greg

My 10 month old grandson just tested positive. Was up last night with stomach issues. Went to pediatrician and it's Covid.

Woolly Bugger

Sorry to hear that Greg. This shit is here to stay — what ever happened to that "universal" Covid vaccine that the army was developing — I've not read anything about that in a while
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Phil

My wife's family doesn't learn -- they are accustomed to flying around the country for family celebrations. This the second time they have gathered and all come down with covid, and they are vaxed and boosted. My wife and I have refused to go to both parties and have stayed covid free.
As far as I'm concerned the days of carefree airline travel are over. If the cancellations don't get ya, the covid will.

greg

I'm flying twice this summer. I think I will get second booster this week. Plan to wear a mask. Sister-in-law got Covid and pretty sure she got in plane. She was not masked and said no one else was. Every time I think this shirt is about done it comes raring back. Pediatrician says grandson will have a rough few days but should get better pretty soon. Said the he hasn't had any little ones to have any big problems yet.

Phil

I'm not going to fly anywhere, mask or no. If it's not within 2 days driving distance, I ain't gonna go.

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Trout Maharishi

Same here. I did everything they told me to do and I still caught it. I'm not taking any more shots unless something chages. I'm not wearing a mask unless someone makes me, like my MD or dentist. If it's a just a restaurant or somewhere I shop, I'll just go somewhere else. I'm not going anywhere with some big crowd and I'll continue to wash my hands, but that's it! I do miss going to the strip club, they had a nice free pizza buffet on the weekday afternoons
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

streamereater_101691

Quote from: Phil on June 27, 2022, 17:05:06 PMI'm not going to fly anywhere, mask or no. If it's not within 2 days driving distance, I ain't gonna go.

I went to CO with 4 other dudes. They didn't mask on the plane. They all got covid. I wore mine and dodged it. Something fishy though because 2 of them tested positive with zero symptoms.

Dougfish

Still KN95ing in all stores, airports, planes. It's second nature now.  :Dance
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on July 18, 2022, 11:22:48 AMI do miss going to the strip club

Don't you have a Topless Car Wash, like we doin Greensboro?
me -There's a season?

Phil

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on July 18, 2022, 14:51:39 PM
Quote from: Trout Maharishi on July 18, 2022, 11:22:48 AMI do miss going to the strip club

Don't you have a Topless Car Wash, like we doin Greensboro?
:laugh: We don't have that kinda stuff in Blowing Rock.

greg

My son works in hospital in morganton he said  d numbers were way up. He said most of his patients with Covid were not in hospital for Covid but tested  positive. Said  a lot of them had no Covid symptoms.

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: greg on July 18, 2022, 16:58:46 PMMy son works in hospital in morganton he said  d numbers were way up. He said most of his patients with Covid were not in hospital for Covid but tested  positive. Said  a lot of them had no Covid symptoms.

I've had worse hangovers than when I had it. The only reason I even got tested was because my wife tested positive.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Rhody

Came back from my last trip with it, pretty sure it came from the plane ride. Our flights got all snafued and on one of our new flights, my buddy was 2 seats in front on the good bulkhead row. About 15 mins into flight, he turned around and said, you've got long legs, I'll switch seats with you. We switched. The other 5 folks were in back of plane, not close to us. The guy I switched with and I both got Covid,  no one else did.
My picture weighs more than your picture.
J.M.

Onslow

Yeah, I know a fam that flew to Costa Rica a month ago.  The mother is an uber masker, but they contracted covid while on  vacation.  They were highly motivated to go home since the trip down was an unbelievable disaster in terms of flight issues, and three members rode on the plane knowingly hot with it. I'm pretty sure this happens all the time.