News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Corona Virus

Started by Woolly Bugger, February 02, 2020, 13:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you worried, have you changed habits?

I stopped drinking Corona Beer!
I stopped eating Chinese Take Out
What Corona Virus?
One time at band camp I got a virus...

Onslow

The stage was set for inflation early in the Trump years.  The labor deficits and Trump's determination to juice the economy was the seed.  It is unproductive to scapegoat either Trump or Biden.  It is important to identify specific policies, attitudes, societal problems that contribute to the mess.

I'm of the opinion Jerome Powell's, Paul Krugman's, Robert Reich's famed expertise in the field of economics is shit.  Krugman's track record is one of complete ineptitude. Biden is also clueless, and Trump is obviously a raging maniac. Learn how the free market really works, stupid.

The bottom line is this.  People who make things, grow things, produce energy sustainably, make the workplace more efficient are those who create wealth. Paper investment dividends, stimulus, quantitative easing all contribute to inflation. There are not enough makers/workers/natural resources.  The world also needs less instaspam/twatter/fagbook. End of story. There is no point in debating this.  There is nothing to debate.

Big J

Quote from: Onslow on April 19, 2022, 05:18:47 AMThe stage was set for inflation early in the Trump years.  The labor deficits and Trump's determination to juice the economy was the seed.  It is unproductive to scapegoat either Trump or Biden.  It is important to identify specific policies, attitudes, societal problems that contribute to the mess.

I'm of the opinion Jerome Powell's, Paul Krugman's, Robert Reich's famed expertise in the field of economics is shit.  Krugman's track record is one of complete ineptitude. Biden is also clueless, and Trump is obviously a raging maniac. Learn how the free market really works, stupid.

The bottom line is this.  People who make things, grow things, produce energy sustainably, make the workplace more efficient are those who create wealth. Paper investment dividends, stimulus, quantitative easing all contribute to inflation. There are not enough makers/workers/natural resources.  The world also needs less instaspam/twatter/fagbook. End of story. There is no point in debating this.  There is nothing to debate.

Onslow spitting truth.  I always said Trump started the inflation, especially in 2020 when he was trying to jump start the covid economic stall.  The stimulus packages had so much waste in it and so many people handed the stimulus money that did not need it.  The funds could of been better used to target the working class negatively impacted the most from the shutdowns.  That said, Biden definitely is expediting the rise of inflation from where Trump left off.  I've really grown cynical in my political views to where I think every politician is a sack of human excrement and nobody has a grain of common sense any more. I just need to fish more.   

Native Fisher

Quote from: Big J on April 19, 2022, 08:02:44 AMI've really grown cynical in my political views to where I think every politician is a sack of human excrement and nobody has a grain of common sense any more. I just need to fish more.   

I been there for 15-20 years.

Woolly Bugger

WHY THE PAST 10 YEARS OF AMERICAN LIFE HAVE BEEN UNIQUELY STUPID
It's not just a phase.

What would it have been like to live in Babel in the days after its destruction? In the Book of Genesis, we are told that the descendants of Noah built a great city in the land of Shinar. They built a tower "with its top in the heavens" to "make a name" for themselves. God was offended by the hubris of humanity and said:

Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them. Come, let us go down, and confuse their language there, so that they will not understand one another's speech.
The text does not say that God destroyed the tower, but in many popular renderings of the story he does, so let's hold that dramatic image in our minds: people wandering amid the ruins, unable to communicate, condemned to mutual incomprehension.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2022/05/social-media-democracy-trust-babel/629369/?fbclid=IwAR08Qgke5cZ9TUolLNOJGZRnKITbrDcI5NETqM30JZcIF2ohbXGXnBjooN0

Take the time to Read or listen to this!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on April 19, 2022, 08:55:18 AMWHY THE PAST 10 YEARS OF AMERICAN LIFE HAVE BEEN UNIQUELY STUPID
It's not just a phase.

What would it have been like to live in Babel in the days after its destruction? In the Book of Genesis, we are told that the descendants of Noah built a great city in the land of Shinar. They built a tower "with its top in the heavens" to "make a name" for themselves. God was offended by the hubris of humanity and said:

Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them. Come, let us go down, and confuse their language there, so that they will not understand one another's speech.
The text does not say that God destroyed the tower, but in many popular renderings of the story he does, so let's hold that dramatic image in our minds: people wandering amid the ruins, unable to communicate, condemned to mutual incomprehension.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2022/05/social-media-democracy-trust-babel/629369/?fbclid=IwAR08Qgke5cZ9TUolLNOJGZRnKITbrDcI5NETqM30JZcIF2ohbXGXnBjooN0

Take the time to Read or listen to this!

Thumbs up!  I am saving this puppy, rereading over and over, and attempting to digest.  This link is worth it!  Many thanks Boss!
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

greg

I haven't read entire article but what I have had time to read makes a lot of sense. I know way too Many people who think Facebook is a legitimate news source and spout that shit off continuously.

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: Native Fisher on April 19, 2022, 08:20:40 AM
Quote from: Big J on April 19, 2022, 08:02:44 AMI've really grown cynical in my political views to where I think every politician is a sack of human excrement and nobody has a grain of common sense any more. I just need to fish more.   

I been there for 15-20 years.

I've been there since the early 70's. Everybody points fingers, blames someone else, makes promises, and no one does anything b'; There are brilliant people among us, very capable leaders, and look at who rules us. Not represents us, but who rules us. I no longer think we actually have any input into how even our local governments are run let alone Washington.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

Beijing kicks off mass testing after spike in Covid cases

The Chinese capital Beijing has kicked off mass testing for millions of residents after a spike in Covid cases.

The Chaoyang district reported 26 cases over the weekend - the highest number so far in Beijing's latest surge.

Long queues outside supermarkets and shops were seen despite government assurances there is sufficient food.

It comes amid fears that Beijing could face a similar situation to Shanghai, which has seen some 25 million people shut in their homes for weeks.

All 3.5 million residents in Chaoyang, Beijing's most populous district, will undergo three rounds of mass testing, according to a notice by the city's disease prevention team.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-61212757

The latest outbreak in Shanghai, first detected in late March, has seen more than 400,000 cases recorded so far and 138 deaths.

Some of the measures Chinese authorities have enforced include placing electronic door alarms to prevent those infected from leaving and forcibly evacuating people from their homes to carry out disinfection procedures.

Some in locked-down areas of Shanghai say they have been struggling to access food supplies, and forced to wait for government drop-offs of vegetables, meat and eggs.

Green barricades have also been erected overnight in parts of Shanghai without prior warning, effectively preventing residents from leaving their homes.

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on April 25, 2022, 08:03:09 AMBeijing kicks off mass testing after spike in Covid cases

The Chinese capital Beijing has kicked off mass testing for millions of residents after a spike in Covid cases.

The Chaoyang district reported 26 cases over the weekend - the highest number so far in Beijing's latest surge.

Long queues outside supermarkets and shops were seen despite government assurances there is sufficient food.

It comes amid fears that Beijing could face a similar situation to Shanghai, which has seen some 25 million people shut in their homes for weeks.

All 3.5 million residents in Chaoyang, Beijing's most populous district, will undergo three rounds of mass testing, according to a notice by the city's disease prevention team.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-61212757

The latest outbreak in Shanghai, first detected in late March, has seen more than 400,000 cases recorded so far and 138 deaths.

Some of the measures Chinese authorities have enforced include placing electronic door alarms to prevent those infected from leaving and forcibly evacuating people from their homes to carry out disinfection procedures.

Some in locked-down areas of Shanghai say they have been struggling to access food supplies, and forced to wait for government drop-offs of vegetables, meat and eggs.

Green barricades have also been erected overnight in parts of Shanghai without prior warning, effectively preventing residents from leaving their homes.

They aren't playing, you better stay your ass home if you're sick. 138 deaths out of 4000000 cases was an interesting statistic.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Onslow

BA.4 and BA.5.  So this subvariant blows through all forms of immunity.  This is a problem.

So now is it theoretically possible to contract Covid once a month since antibodies no longer provide protection? 

trout-r-us

I'm afraid most of us will never see it end. 🙁

Then again I heard that it was "herd developed", so who really knows?

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Onslow

Well it ain't over. 3 out of 4 in my household succumbed for the first time last week, and heck, it isn't a high risk time of year. 

trout-r-us

Quote from: Onslow on June 25, 2022, 07:16:03 AMWell it ain't over. 3 out of 4 in my household succumbed for the first time last week, and heck, it isn't a high risk time of year. 

Sorry to hear. Hope they're not too sick.
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Onslow

Quote from: trout-r-us on June 25, 2022, 11:05:57 AM
Quote from: Onslow on June 25, 2022, 07:16:03 AMWell it ain't over. 3 out of 4 in my household succumbed for the first time last week, and heck, it isn't a high risk time of year. 

Sorry to hear. Hope they're not too sick.

Thanks

I've been fearing the results of my MIL contracting it. She is 89 with asthma, but she pulled through.  A death sentence was anticipated.

We've been very cautious.  I've been to the movies maybe twice and church twice since the pandemic started. There was never a "return to normal".

Trout Maharishi

Still no idea of the cause and origin of the virus. I predict cases will rise the closer we get to Nov 22's election.
― Charles Bukowski