News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Corona Virus

Started by Woolly Bugger, February 02, 2020, 13:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you worried, have you changed habits?

I stopped drinking Corona Beer!
I stopped eating Chinese Take Out
What Corona Virus?
One time at band camp I got a virus...

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Dougfish on October 21, 2021, 16:02:02 PM
Quote from: Dee-Vo on October 21, 2021, 15:55:23 PM
Quote from: Dougfish on October 21, 2021, 10:05:52 AMMoral of the story: Frigging at home tests are not dependable.

Neither is the one you took in the drive-thru or in a random physician's office for other folks.

I'll believe a lab over a test in a box. All damn day.

I'll agree, although I wouldn't be much more inclined to accept even the majority of those to be accurate either. Just an honest observation with my own two eyes. I find that I take things from a whole different perspective when it's my own findings, and not just an article or video that I've come across. (Not that they're all incorrect)

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Dougfish on October 21, 2021, 10:05:52 AMSooo, woke up Tuesday with nasal drainage and a scratchy throat. Developed a cough.
Had a bit of a fever that night. Took an at home test Wed AM. Positive. Fuck.
Wife's was negative. Called out of work.
Got a physician ordered drive through test in the afternoon.
Negative results this AM.
Back to my common cold that wants to turn into a sinus infection. Or the flu?
Moral of the story: Frigging at home tests are not dependable.
And I had gotten a flu shot Tuesday. That caused my fever?
Carry on. Stay careful, my friends.
That's the way I feel every time I get a flu shot.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Woolly Bugger

@Dougfish for the next 14 days your new name is Covid Breath
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Native Fisher

PCR tests that you have to wait a few days for the results are the most accurate.  Rapid tests can have false positive and false negatives.

Fin

QuoteI'll believe a lab over a test in a box. All damn day.

Years ago when my dear wife was pregnant with our first child some routine lab tests were ordered.  Imagine both our shock and surprise when one came back positive for the clap!  Needless to say, things were a bit tense at home as accusations whipped and lashed about.  Mercifully a few hours later the lab called back and confessed to mixing up the test samples. If only I had been a money grubbing, litigious prick I could have cashed in!   

Dougfish

Quote from: Native Fisher on October 22, 2021, 07:46:48 AMPCR tests that you have to wait a few days for the results are the most accurate.  Rapid tests can have false positive and false negatives.

Mine was a PCR. Results in 18 hours!
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Woolly Bugger

Daughter reported having a nasty cold — Covid test at Drs office negative
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

round and round it goes...

Russia Reports Another Near-Record Daily Death Toll As COVID-19 Continues To Engulf Country

Russia has reported another 1,158 coronavirus-related deaths over the past 24 hours, just three fewer that the record set the previous day as the pandemic continues to engulf the country.

The country's coronavirus task force said on November 1 that it had recorded 40,402 new COVID-19 infections, the third consecutive day the figure has topped 40,000. It added that some 932,000 patients are currently undergoing treatment for COVID-19 in Russia.

https://www.rferl.org/a/russia-covid-deaths-infections-record/31539088.html

China Disneyland Mass Tests over 30,000 Tourists after Theme Park Reported One Positive COVID Case

Shanghai Disneyland closed down temporarily on Sunday after it was discovered that a visitor had a positive COVID case. Nearly 34,000 other tourists on the premises had to be tested before leaving as part of China's strict COVID containment efforts.

The amusement park's forceful reaction to the singular positive case is in line with Beijing's "zero tolerance" policy approach to the disease that is reminiscent of Australia's, where COVID infections are tracked very closely among the population and lockdowns were reimposed well after many western countries lifted them. But while Australia has a 64.3 percent vaccination rate, China has an almost 80 percent vaccination rate.

https://news.yahoo.com/china-disneyland-mass-tests-over-205551600.html

locally the WB has received his booster...  :drum

me -There's a season?

Trout Maharishi

The one positive case in China may never be seen again.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Onslow

Spoke with a fam last week who travelled out west.  The whole clan was vaccinated, but 8 out of 10 were infected during the trip.

Contributors at Ruptly enjoy making light of the West's covid hysteria, but many if not all areas in Russia are in their second week of lockdown. My wife was supposed to be involved with shared zoom classroom meetings with a Russian counterpart, but schools are not operating due to the dramatic spike in cases.

jwgnc

Had a third shot (half dose) of Moderna yesterday.  Achy all over last night; back to achy in just the usual places this morning. 
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

Dougfish

Third Pfizer yesterday. Sore injection site, that is all.  :Dance
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Woolly Bugger

Fever and tired yesterday — back fishing today  d:b
me -There's a season?

Trout Maharishi

Is everyone taking booster shots from the same manufacturer as the first 2 doses? The first dose of the Pfizer was rough on me for 2 or 3 days.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

I stayed with moderna — they asked what I preferred
me -There's a season?