News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Corona Virus

Started by Woolly Bugger, February 02, 2020, 13:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you worried, have you changed habits?

I stopped drinking Corona Beer!
I stopped eating Chinese Take Out
What Corona Virus?
One time at band camp I got a virus...

Woolly Bugger

The situation in Billings Montana Is dire!

At an Overrun ICU, 'the Problem Is We Are Running Out of Hallways'

BILLINGS, Mont. — Nurses fill the hospital room to turn a patient from his stomach to his back. The ventilator forcing air into him is most effective when he's on his stomach, so he is in that position most hours of the day, sedated and paralyzed by drugs.
Lying on his stomach all those hours has produced sores on his face, and one nurse dabs at the wounds. The dark lesions are insignificant given his current state, but she continues just the same, gently, soothingly, appearing to whisper to him as she works.
The man has been a patient at Billings Clinic for nearly a month, most of that time in the hospital's intensive care unit. He is among other patients, room after room of them, with the same grim tubes inserted down their throats. They have covid-19 — the vast majority unvaccinated against the virus, the hospital says. Visitors generally aren't permitted in these rooms, but the man's mother comes most days to gaze through a glass window for the allowed 15 minutes.
This all happened Friday. He was dead, at age 24, by Sunday morning.

https://apple.news/AEfjzV4cGRIyKfCrHjhGkrA
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

THE MYSTERIOUS CASE OF THE COVID-19 LAB-LEAK THEORY
Did the virus spring from nature or from human error?

>>> Since the coronavirus first appeared, at the end of 2019, four and a half million people have died, countless more have suffered, whole economies have been upended, schools have been shuttered. Why? Did the virus jump from an animal to its first human host, its patient zero? Or, as some suspect, was the catastrophe the result of a laboratory accident in Wuhan, a city of eleven million people in central China?

https://apple.news/AMZXylaeaSbqiKJUd7qBeCg

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

jwgnc

Fascinating article.  Thanks for sharing. I hadn't thought about which way is better for China.

I'm refering to this section:

The stakes are high on all sides. From one perspective, proving the virus has a natural origin is even worse for China. If wildlife farms were responsible for the pandemic, that would implicate the policies of President Xi Jinping. If there was a lab leak, just one, or a few, scientists are culpable of an accident. Either way, it is likely that the Chinese government prefers a storm of swirling theories ...
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

Trout Maharishi

Want to know what's really going on in Billings MT? Things are bad enough without some BS piece by some Apple News wanna be. I think the virus is man made and the US government played a part in it.https://ci.billings.mt.us/2928/Hospital-Resource-Capacity#:~:text=Billings%20hospitals%20have%2072%20ICU%20rooms%20in%20total%2C,of%20Montana%20report%20ICU%20rooms%20at%20their%20facilities

Use the forward arrows to look through the stats on MT hospitals from the link. Here's just the ventilator information. It is obvious that the hospital is full of unvaccinated people, but the situation is nothing like the dark picture being painted in the Apple news article. WhY CAN'T WE JUST GET THE TRUTH ANYMORE!
There are 527 operable ventilators in the state of Montana, 65 (12%) of which are currently being used to treat COVID-19 patients
Billings has 213 ventilators between SCL Health St. Vincent, Billings Clinic, and the Advanced Care Hospital of Montana
26 (12%) of the ventilators in Billings hospitals are being used to treat COVID-19 patients
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

greg

The science is beyond me for the most part but I found it to be fascinating as well.

greg

I was referring to the link wooly put up. Have not read the other yet.

Trout Maharishi

This woman is pretty damn convincing. Twitter and others have tried to silence her. I think she lives in fear for her life and is telling the truth.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

greg

I was pretty much a fuck up in school. Failed college biology first time. D second go around. Wish I had paid more attention. This is fascinating to look at. Only wish I understood the science a little more.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

jwgnc

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on October 14, 2021, 16:41:21 PMWant to know what's really going on in Billings MT? Things are bad enough without some BS peice by some Apple News wanna be. I think the virus is man made and the US government played a part in it.https://ci.billings.mt.us/2928/Hospital-Resource-Capacity#:~:text=Billings%20hospitals%20have%2072%20ICU%20rooms%20in%20total%2C,of%20Montana%20report%20ICU%20rooms%20at%20their%20facilities

Use the forward arrows to look through the stats on MT hospitals from the link. Here's just the ventilator information. It is obvious that the hospital is full of unvaccinated people, but the situation is nothing like the dark picture being painted in the Apple news article. WhY CAN'T WE JUST GET THE TRUTH ANYMORE!
There are 527 operable ventilators in the state of Montana, 65 (12%) of which are currently being used to treat COVID-19 patients
Billings has 213 ventilators between SCL Health St. Vincent, Billings Clinic, and the Advanced Care Hospital of Montana
26 (12%) of the ventilators in Billings hospitals are being used to treat COVID-19 patients
The article posted as  https://apple.news/AEfjzV4cGRIyKfCrHjhGkrA sends you to a Kaiser Health News site, not Apple, and was specific to the Billings Clinic which had zero ICU beds available on 09/20 per the Montana Department of Health and Human Services:  https://dphhs.mt.gov/assets/publichealth/CDEpi/DiseasesAtoZ/2019-nCoV/Reports/HospitalReport09202021.pdf

The link you posted also shows that specific hospital with zero ICU capacity (although the other Billings hospital had ICU beds available). 
You cannot view this attachment.

That hospital had a crappy week and it made the news, but I found no BS in the article and I doubt the author wants to be an Apple. 

Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

Trout Maharishi

Jay you are right about the source of the article. I'm still not sure she doesn't want to be an apple :laugh: .  I see Apple in the link and go nuts just like some see FOX and go nuts. I haven't trusted any thing I was told by the government or media since 1969.  In this case though, I was wrong about the source, you are correct. I type without thinking some time. The article Keith posted is about as dystopic as it gets, it was hard to read. 19/25 looks a little more reasonable. I'm just glad they have some ICU capacity in area hospitals.
― Charles Bukowski

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on October 14, 2021, 17:29:51 PM
Quote from: Trout Maharishi on October 14, 2021, 17:17:44 PMThis woman is pretty damn convincing. Twitter and others have tried to silence her. I think she lives in fear for her life and is telling the truth.

challenged by some

https://www.techtimes.com/articles/252590/20200916/fact-check-covid-19-whistleblower-li-meng-yan-releases-paper-with-other-scientists-suggesting-sophisticated-laboratory-modification.htm

No doubt it is challenged by some. I'm not qualified to make the call, I'm not a virologist. Being the scientific oriented person that you are though, you are no doubt familiar with Occam's razor though right? Well, too many fingers are pointing at man made for me and there are a lot of experts that think so to.
― Charles Bukowski

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on October 14, 2021, 18:56:40 PM
Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on October 14, 2021, 17:29:51 PM
Quote from: Trout Maharishi on October 14, 2021, 17:17:44 PMThis woman is pretty damn convincing. Twitter and others have tried to silence her. I think she lives in fear for her life and is telling the truth.

challenged by some

https://www.techtimes.com/articles/252590/20200916/fact-check-covid-19-whistleblower-li-meng-yan-releases-paper-with-other-scientists-suggesting-sophisticated-laboratory-modification.htm

No doubt it is challenged by some. I'm not qualified to make the call, I'm not a virologist. Being the scientific oriented person that you are though, you are no doubt familiar with Occam's razor though right? Well, too many fingers are pointing at man made for me and there are a lot of experts that think so to.

It's just way too much of a major fucking coincidence that it "jumped from a bat to a human" just by chance in the same city with the big viral research lab.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Woolly Bugger

The mystery of how long Covid damages our memory https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-58918869

In the 16 months since Chrissy Gibson was diagnosed with Covid-19, she has had to re-learn many aspects of her life. How to walk, how to talk, how to live.
She is one of the millions of long Covid patients, who despite no longer testing positive for the virus, continue to have life-altering side effects like memory loss.

me -There's a season?

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on October 15, 2021, 16:06:01 PMThe mystery of how long Covid damages our memory https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-58918869

In the 16 months since Chrissy Gibson was diagnosed with Covid-19, she has had to re-learn many aspects of her life. How to walk, how to talk, how to live.
She is one of the millions of long Covid patients, who despite no longer testing positive for the virus, continue to have life-altering side effects like memory loss.

That's sad. If the Chinese did brew this stuff up, they should be held accountable for it.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff