News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Corona Virus

Started by Woolly Bugger, February 02, 2020, 13:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you worried, have you changed habits?

I stopped drinking Corona Beer!
I stopped eating Chinese Take Out
What Corona Virus?
One time at band camp I got a virus...

Al

I'm an official volunteer with the WRC (get a free hat and calendar) - received an email from them today saying all WRC personnel to include volunteers must have Covid vaccine record on file or submit to weekly test - They are still working out the details. 

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: Al on September 16, 2021, 21:24:55 PMI'm an official volunteer with the WRC (get a free hat and calendar) - received an email from them today saying all WRC personnel to include volunteers must have Covid vaccine record on file or submit to weekly test - They are still working out the details. 

I never got a hat or calendar :laugh:
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Onslow

My wife's cousin Bobby who we both admired and loved, and his son, both were taken by covid today.

Woolly Bugger

Oh that's terrible — so sorry to hear — thoughts and prayers with you and your family
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dougfish

Horrible to hear, Ken. Big hugs.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

greg

Damn that's tough. Sure hate that for you and your family.

Phil

That's hard to hear. So sorry for your loss, Ken.

Dee-Vo

@Onslow  - I'm sorry to hear this, man. I learned a couple days ago that a girl that I went to highschool with passed with Covid.

Trout Maharishi

That's awful news Ken. Every family has someone they all look to for guidance and wisdom. "Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, and love leaves a memory no one can steal" Old Irish saying.

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Stone-Man

Dang Terrible news  prayers sent

Woolly Bugger

Some Vaccines Last a Lifetime. Here's Why Covid-19 Shots Don't.

Researchers have calculated a key number—the threshold of protection—for other vaccines. Covid-19's is still a mystery.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/some-vaccines-last-a-lifetime-heres-why-covid-19-shots-dont-11631266201

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

itieuglyflies

Ken- Sorry for your loss, friend. Prayers for you and your family

Al

Not good - prayers to family to get through this.

Do you know any details you can share, ie were they in hospital - how long? ICU? How old and had they taken vaccine?

Woolly Bugger

Anti-Vax Hypocrite Eric Clapton Breaks Own Vow, Plays Venue With Vaccine Mandate
Musician who swore never to play a vaccine-mandate show goes ahead and does just that in New Orleans

You cannot view this attachment.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/eric-clapton-vaccine-mandate-show-smoothie-king-1229285/
me -There's a season?

Onslow

Quote from: Al on September 20, 2021, 22:17:22 PMNot good - prayers to family to get through this.

Do you know any details you can share, ie were they in hospital - how long? ICU? How old and had they taken vaccine?

92 and 67.  Both not vaccinated. Bob was old, but he was in great shape. Drove until 90, and wrote a book last year. Bob spent about a week in the hospital, the son was a militant anti vaccer, and died alone at home.

Yes, my wife really does have a cousin that is 92.  Her grandparents on her father's side were wed in 1899.