• Welcome to Pretentious Snobby Bastard Fly Fishing!!!!. Please login or sign up.
June 19, 2021, 04:36:32 AM

News:

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.


Corona Virus

Started by Woolly Bugger, February 02, 2020, 13:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on March 31, 2021, 19:30:25 PM
Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on March 31, 2021, 19:07:30 PM
Quote from: Yallerhammer on March 31, 2021, 18:48:06 PM
Quote from: greg on March 30, 2021, 20:56:25 PMI had someone say the shot is how they track you. I have lived in same Area 51 years. Worked same job 30 and drive a big yellow box truck ar work. I told them I'm not too damn hard to find as it is. Get my second shot in about a week and a half. Stay well everyone.
We all carry a tracking device in our pocket now, willingly.

You mean cell phones?

What is the tracking prognosis on my 10+ year old flip phone, with no apps and no internet/GPS activation that I am aware of?  I never carry it while in my home area because I have no service.  I only carry it and turn it on when I trek into civilization across Back Creek mountain.  Even when I travel west to Pocahontas Co WV I never carry it because it never works supposedly from the block from the Greenbank WV Observatory.

I'll the you the story of how the army can find your cell phone the moment you turn it on!


Tell us the story.

I never worried about someone finding or tracking me, but this may prove to be yet another reason to get rid of the damned thing.  I was never fond of cell phones, and I don't see that sentiment changing.

I don't remember having a landline until I was high school age, and that freaking thing got me into more trouble than I earned (girls' parents calling my mom, school calling my parents, ugly girls calling me, game warden tracking my whereabouts, etc.).  Piss on all phones! 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

greg


Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on March 31, 2021, 19:56:01 PM
Quote from: Woolly Bugger on March 31, 2021, 19:30:25 PM
Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on March 31, 2021, 19:07:30 PM
Quote from: Yallerhammer on March 31, 2021, 18:48:06 PM
Quote from: greg on March 30, 2021, 20:56:25 PMI had someone say the shot is how they track you. I have lived in same Area 51 years. Worked same job 30 and drive a big yellow box truck ar work. I told them I'm not too damn hard to find as it is. Get my second shot in about a week and a half. Stay well everyone.
We all carry a tracking device in our pocket now, willingly.

You mean cell phones?

What is the tracking prognosis on my 10+ year old flip phone, with no apps and no internet/GPS activation that I am aware of?  I never carry it while in my home area because I have no service.  I only carry it and turn it on when I trek into civilization across Back Creek mountain.  Even when I travel west to Pocahontas Co WV I never carry it because it never works supposedly from the block from the Greenbank WV Observatory.

I'll the you the story of how the army can find your cell phone the moment you turn it on!


Tell us the story.

I never worried about someone finding or tracking me, but this may prove to be yet another reason to get rid of the damned thing.  I was never fond of cell phones, and I don't see that sentiment changing.

I don't remember having a landline until I was high school age, and that freaking thing got me into more trouble than I earned (girls' parents calling my mom, school calling my parents, ugly girls calling me, game warden tracking my whereabouts, etc.).  Piss on all phones! 

Correction it was Air Force Search and Rescue..

this is the story...

https://www.brfff.com/forum/index.php/topic,9987.msg74967.html#msg74967
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

greg

Got #2 moderna yesterday and it's rough. Feel like a really bad cold or flu. Woke up with fever. Damn I hope this shot works.

jwgnc

Quote from: greg on April 12, 2021, 11:16:00 AMGot #2 moderna yesterday and it's rough. Feel like a really bad cold or flu. Woke up with fever. Damn I hope this shot works.
CDC says that means your body is building protection.  My reaction wasn't that strong, but that's what I'm counting on.


https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/expect/after.html
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

Yallerhammer

Quote from: greg on April 12, 2021, 11:16:00 AMGot #2 moderna yesterday and it's rough. Feel like a really bad cold or flu. Woke up with fever. Damn I hope this shot works.
Got my second one Friday, and it threw my ass down and stomped me flat Saturday. I felt fine yesterday, though. 
Women want me, doughbellies fear me.<br /><br />Little Debbie Prostaff

greg

Glad I'm no the only one. I worked part of day today but it has whipped my ass. Surely tomorrow will be better.

Onslow

It has been interesting to hear the perspective of those folks in central  TX who do not give a rip about Covid.  It seems many do not regard it as a threat, and believe the response was more destructive than the virus, which oddly mirrors the immune system response to the virus. During my time there last week, I did not meet a person who was vaccinated yet. Some asserted 90 percent of the population  in the Lampassas-Hamilton area were infected, and most seem to simply not give two fucks about the virus.

While I don't agree or disagree with their stance, I chose to mask up because I thought it was the right thing to do, and did not use the mask as a tribal badge.  That being said, it would also be helpful if we did not judge others so harshly.  Gov. DeWine (R) is a wise man for impletmenting the vaccine lottery.

I don't think most Americans understand how many hands on deck is required to get food where it belongs. We are 7 meals away from revolution. A complete shutdown is not feasible.  Fauci is an epidemic expert, and not a logistics expert.

Regarding the Flynn piece, his remarks are clearly for an exploitable target audience, but it is undeniable Covid was leveraged by certain media outlets to achieve certain politcal objectives.  I see no real difference between the Q leaning Trumpers and the Wokers.  Both need to STFU and get a life.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Onslow on May 25, 2021, 07:21:19 AMI see no real difference between the Q leaning Trumpers and the Wokers.  Both need to STFU and get a life.

Perhaps, but does WOKE have a Marjorie Taylor Greene?

I am impressed with the scientific process and swiftness dealing with this bug.  It was amazing.  I am particularly grateful for the work and fortitude of Karikó and Weissman. 

Science rules!!!!
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!


Yallerhammer

Women want me, doughbellies fear me.<br /><br />Little Debbie Prostaff

Onslow

June 04, 2021, 17:28:44 PM #477 Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 19:10:29 PM by Onslow
It's both disappointing and worrisome experts we lean on so heavily would succumb to Trump derangement syndrome, and compromise their integrity in a manner such as this. It was also the Lancet that reportedly hated on HCQ just because the orange man spoke well of it, using dubious methods and data to arrive a certain conclusions. It is learned later.....

https://www.henryford.com/news/2020/07/hydro-treatment-study





Yallerhammer

Everything is so politicized nowadays, that it is ridiculous.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me.<br /><br />Little Debbie Prostaff

Onslow

I do take issue with the Vanity Fair article over the assertion Trump's anti Chinese rhetoric lead to anti Asian violence. I've seen nothing on the news where Trump supporters have been attacking Asians.  What we have seen is an increase in violence in cities where Asians live due to boneheaded policies.

Telling lies until they stick is very Trumpy.  Someone should tell the writer this.


#CommissionsEarned