News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Corona Virus

Started by Woolly Bugger, February 02, 2020, 13:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you worried, have you changed habits?

I stopped drinking Corona Beer!
I stopped eating Chinese Take Out
What Corona Virus?
One time at band camp I got a virus...

driver

I had it a few weeks ago. Went and fished the Smith, wasn't feel great, came home took a test. Bam! I had a bad cough from drainage, and a mild fever. Took about 7 days to notice a difference in how I felt. I'm vaccinated and boosted. My daughter, (who brought it home from school) barely had any symptoms and test positive. My wife came down with very mild symptoms a week later.

Onslow

If Hong Kong is any indicator, China probably does not have the capacity to treat a million patients at once, or even a fraction of that number. Looks like all hell is about to break loose.

Woolly Bugger

Apple supplier Foxconn halts operations in Shenzhen as China locks down tech hub

Hong Kong (CNN Business)Foxconn, one of Apple's biggest suppliers, has suspended operations in Shenzhen as China locks down the technology hub and several other regions to contain the country's worst Covid-19 outbreak in two years.

The world's second largest economy is still doggedly pursuing its zero-Covid strategy, even as other nations reopen and try to live with the virus. The lockdowns in major Chinese cities will impact not just the country's post-pandemic recovery, but could deliver a new blow to global supply chains.
The southern city of Shenzhen, which borders Hong Kong, is home to Chinese tech giants like Tencent (TCEHY) and Huawei. It imposed a week-long lockdown starting Monday, after recording 66 positive cases Saturday.
In its statement provided to CNN Business on Monday, Foxconn said that the "date of factory resumption is to be advised by the local government."

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/14/tech/shenzhen-lockdown-foxconn-operations-intl-hnk/index.html
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on March 13, 2022, 08:48:15 AMdouble vaccinated boosted friend with limited exposure just got it -- shit is here to stay and we will all be at risk of getting it.

Obama even got the China flu. Probably taking Ivermectin and Hydroxycholrquine <-;:  :laugh:   https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/13/politics/barack-obama-covid-positive/index.html
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on March 14, 2022, 19:43:26 PMObama even got the China flu. Probably taking Ivermectin and Hydroxycholrquine <-;:  :laugh:  https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/13/politics/barack-obama-covid-positive/index.html

The "China flu" is a H5N1 strain of avian influenza.  I don't believe Ivermectin and Hydroxycholrquine has ever been suggested or administered for this flu. 

If, in insecurity and shallowness, you're going to employ rhetoric then use either "Chinese Virus" or "Kung Flu" to identify Covid 19. 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Trout Maharishi

I'm simply following tradition https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/13/17-diseases-named-after-places-or-people/:cheers. In this case though you are right, we still don't know where this came from or how it originated. Probably never will because between China and our own government we will never be allowed to know. I'm beginning to think it was developed and weaponized for population control. :o
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on March 15, 2022, 09:10:47 AMI'm simply following tradition https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/13/17-diseases-named-after-places-or-people/:cheers. In this case though you are right, we still don't know where this came from or how it originated. Probably never will because between China and our own government we will never be allowed to know. I'm beginning to think it was developed and weaponized for population control. :o

You might have missed the point.  "China flu", in the hierarchy of nomenclature, has precedence as H5N1.  So, Covid should be called something else.

It is like assigning a common angling name, already in use, to another mayfly, or using a common established name of a fly pattern to label an entirely new creation from the bench. 

Confusion ensues, even when we attempt to use some puerile, sophomoric, tribal, verbal/textual secret handshake.

Trout Maharishi

Got it, thanks :cheers I really think I like Kung Fu Flu the best. I had to look up puerile, I'll have to remember that one. 'c;
― Charles Bukowski

hcrum87hc

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on March 15, 2022, 08:47:32 AMIf, in insecurity and shallowness, you're going to employ rhetoric then use either "Chinese Virus" or "Kung Flu" to identify Covid 19. 

I motion that henceforth, Covid 19 should only be referred to as "Kung Flu" on BRFFF.  All those in favor?
Jeremiah 17:7

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: trout-r-us on March 15, 2022, 14:51:12 PMThe Federalist, really? 🤣🤣🤣

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-federalist/

For federalist readers that may be interested in something with a bit more fact based reporting, here's something more worthwhile.

You cannot view this attachment.

I loved Mad magazine when I was a kid. I got caught with one and a Playboy at school when I was about 12. My mother was madder about the Mad magazine than she was about the Playboy.  Sorry, I didn't get the approved list of sources. Come on man, I just do a search and the first thing that comes up that has the information I'm looking for  I'll copy and paste it. Did you see some information in the link that wasn't accurate?  :cheers  :laugh:
― Charles Bukowski

Onslow

Federalist, CNN, and PMSNBC have much in common.  All are sullen and whiney tribal cunts.

I'd rather read Al Jazeera, or CNA out of Singapore. It is best to remove the blinders, explore other perspectives, and accept reality as it is.  No Trump or trannies mentioned in this AJ article.

QuoteThe Global South is divided over who bears the responsibility for the Ukraine tragedy in the Global North. Many blame Russia for its imperial overreach and attempts at subjugating Kyiv, others fault the United States and European allies for provoking Russia through the offensive expansion of NATO eastwards and the arming of Ukraine.

But if the historical record is anything to go by, neither power is innocent; both are to blame, albeit to varying degrees. Both have sacrificed Ukraine at the altar of a new Cold War.

Yet, Moscow and Washington continue to polarise and paralyse much of the international community three decades after the end of their Cold War; a war that proved devious and devastating to the developing world.

Indeed, ever since they took over from the diminished powers of old Europe, Washington and Moscow have been using the same British and French playbooks, waging imperial wars; covert wars, proxy wars, air wars, as well as information wars, cyberwars, and every other kind of war, including the threat of a nuclear war.

Yet sadly, Washington's detractors have been quick to justify Russian violence by referring to America's horrible wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam, etc and its persistent support for Israel's wars and occupation in the Middle East. And Moscow's detractors have readily excused American overreach by pointing to Moscow's bloody wars in Afghanistan, Chechnya, Georgia, Syria and so on.

But how is the bombing of Kharkiv and Aleppo any different from the bombing of say, Baghdad or Hanoi? And how are these hegemonic overreaches truly different from other 19th and 20th century imperial Russian, European and American wars, coups, invasions and occupations?

In truth, the "civilised North" has long been especially violent; inward as well as outward; the more "civilised" the more violent, even though violence is the opposite of civility.

The Global North has been marred in religious, nationalist and ideological wars for centuries, some lasting decades, others refought a second and a third time, culminating in two horrendous World Wars.

In addition to all the bloodshed and the mass slaughter of hundreds of millions of their own, they also managed to wage their private colonial wars, killing countless millions more in the south, while sadistically assaulting ancient civilisations, whether Indian, Chinese, Muslim or other.

And it was not only the great imperial powers of the time that caused all the horror and terror. The smaller colonial powers like the Belgian, Dutch and Portuguese were just as brutal and at times more savage. Even those who lost the European wars were adamant to take it out on their southern colonies in the hope of restoring their lost potency.

As the late American scholar Samuel Huntington made abundantly clear in his book, The Clash of Civilizations: "The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion ... but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do."

Well, I am afraid many have forgotten. And even those with long memories, seem to be short on history when history is indispensable for understanding political processes and patterns and providing much-needed contexts and perspectives for present-day geopolitical events.

Ignorance, like racism, knows no borders and is limited to no professions, including in today's influential media outlets, where for some history begins yesterday or at the last paycheque. But again, the real danger lies among those who know better but choose to be smug, condescending racists, because racism and war are forces that give them meaning.

Many of these are all too familiar and generally embrace the racism in Rudyard Kipling's infamous poem, The White Man's Burden, where the British imperialist urges America to fulfil its "civilisation mission" by assuming its colonial responsibility in the Philippines at the turn of the 20th century.

But they choose to ignore Mark Twain's sharp response, debunking Kipling's claims in To the Person Sitting in Darkness. According to the inimitable and widely celebrated American author: "We have been treacherous; ... we have crushed a deceived and confiding people; we have turned against the weak and the friendless who trusted us; ... we have robbed a trusting friend of his land and his liberty."

Etcetera, etcetera; not exactly a civilisational mission, is it?

Like the Americans, the British, French, and Russians have also mastered the imperial enterprise, albeit not as judiciously. Indeed, Twain's takedown of imperial Russia was no less damning at the time, as he described how "she robs Japan of her hard-earned spoil, all swimming in Chinese blood ... then she seizes Manchuria, raids its villages, and chokes its great river with the swollen corpses of countless massacred peasants ..."

And here we are a century later, witnessing these imperial powers projecting their power and violence again and again over the past two decades. But these are not repeats along the lines of "first time a tragedy, second time a farce"; these have been tragic through and through.

The joke is on the rest of us "sitting in the darkness", hoping again and again for benevolence to come out of the repeated violence, when no good comes out of malice, "theirs" or "ours".

To be sure, violence may be the nature, knowing no race, religion or nationality, but mass organised violence has been nurtured more by some than others.

It is time to stop this insanity of doing the same but expecting a different result. It is high time to put an end to the silly "whataboutism" that has characterised much of the response of the Global South to these transgressions, bearing in mind that the "Global South" has of late become as metaphoric as it is geographic.

Nothing good will come out of the Ukrainian tragedy, just as nothing good came out of the Iraqi, Afghan, Syrian, Vietnamese, Philippine, Hungarian, Chinese, Indian, Algerian, Congolese, Chilean and countless other imperial transgressions. Neither for the victims, nor for the perpetrators, nor for the rest of us "sitting in darkness".

It is time to look up and see the light.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Onslow on March 15, 2022, 19:07:49 PMFederalist, CNN, and PMSNBC have much in common.  All are sullen and whiney tribal cunts.

I'd rather read Al Jazeera, or CNA out of Singapore. It is best to remove the blinders, explore other perspectives, and accept reality as it is.  No Trump or trannies mentioned in this AJ article.

There's plenty of "Trump or trannies" to go around in AJ and CNA.  Selective reading and analysis will not serve us well.

On an inquisitive note, you often mention trannies or gender bending in some of your posts.  Do you perhaps feel these are unnatural? 

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/3/3/trump-may-have-engaged-in-criminal-conspiracy-capitol-panel

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/2/19/us-national-archives-trump-classified-items-mar-a-lago

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/2/2/usa-swimming-unveils-new-rules-for-transgender-athletes

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/4/7/some-transgender-youth-treatments-banned-in-arkansas

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/commentary/trump-social-media-truth-social-alternate-right-twitter-2514386

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/man-blackmail-woman-transsexual-jail-caning-locanto-1322901

Woolly Bugger

China has implemented tighter COVID-19 measures as Shanghai faced an outbreak that prompted mass lockdowns in the city for weeks.

The measures prompted residents to clash with police officers on April 14 as they couldn't go home due to authorities co-opting their buildings to use as COVID-19 quarantine sites.

Some residents in Xian, a city southwest of Beijing, have been encouraged to live at their workplaces, Sky News reported. The directive comes amid orders to avoid unnecessary trips. Those with asymptomatic or very mild symptoms must go to quarantine facilities.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/chinese-employees-are-being-urged-to-live-at-their-workplaces-as-the-country-pursues-a-zero-covid-policy-reports-say/ar-AAWkqSu?ocid=BingNewsSearch
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dougfish

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: Dougfish on April 18, 2022, 14:40:00 PMhttps://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1516073127427645441?t=2uYC9qtPZi0tvW0p1vFwOw&s=19

Nice try twitter. I don't know what I'm looking at with that little logistics map. Joe might not have been the sole cause, be he sure made a bunch of dumb moves that he's now having to reverse. I guess he doesn't' have anything to do with the current crime wave in the US, or the over running of the southern border (221,303 in March). I want everyone to quit making excuses for Joe, just get to work and help the US overcome this. I just saw where we reopened new bids for oil and gas on federal lands today. To bad it could be years before the first drop is ever refined from any of these sales.
https://news.yahoo.com/u-resume-oil-gas-drilling-225302772.html

Japan has always lacked natural resources especially oil. The cutting off of Japan's supply of oil was a big factor in WWII. Pearl Harbor wasn't some out of the blue random attack.
― Charles Bukowski