News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Corona Virus

Started by Woolly Bugger, February 02, 2020, 13:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you worried, have you changed habits?

I stopped drinking Corona Beer!
I stopped eating Chinese Take Out
What Corona Virus?
One time at band camp I got a virus...

trout-r-us

Quote from: jwgnc on December 15, 2021, 20:32:29 PMMy wife and all our friends are vaxed and boosted.  We all wear masks in public in case we are asymtomatic and might infect others.  Also to protect ourselves; my neighbor and his wife got covid after they were vaxed (neither had to be hospitalized.)  She works in a factory setting and he is a pastor - lots of exposure.

Kudos to you, wife, and friends 👍. I wish more people were as concerned for the well being of others.
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Woolly Bugger

Chinese city locks down 13 million residents to fight Covid outbreak

>>>Over 13 million people were ordered to stay home in the Chinese city of Xi'an, which imposed a strict lockdown on Wednesday and dramatically tightened travel controls to fight a growing Covid-19 outbreak.

With Beijing preparing to host the 2022 Winter Olympics in February, China is on high alert as it fights local outbreaks in several cities.

The new restrictions were imposed after Xi'an reported 52 new coronavirus cases on Wednesday, bringing the total to 143 since December 9.

https://news.yahoo.com/chinese-city-locks-down-13-114206391.html
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

oh, crap... I trust big pharma (Pfizer, Moderna, J&J) over government (China, Russia, US Army)

The US Army is testing a universal vaccine it hopes will target all coronavirus variants

>>>The US Army is wrapping up early clinical trials on a vaccine it hopes will target all existing coronavirus variants.

Named SpFN, for Spike Ferritin Nanoparticle, it has shown promise in non-human primate trials and early human trial results are expected "this month," according to a press release from the US Army Walter Reed Army Institute of Research released Thursday.

The jab could also help protect against other coronaviruses beyond COVID-19, which could offer hope against future pandemics.

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-army-universal-vaccine-target-spfn-variants-pan-coronavirus-sars-2021-12

Who's in line for this new vaccine?  -+;
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Phil

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on December 22, 2021, 12:42:22 PMWho's in line for this new vaccine? 
Army vaccines? Aaaack!  :o

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Phil on December 22, 2021, 16:33:54 PM
Quote from: Woolly Bugger on December 22, 2021, 12:42:22 PMWho's in line for this new vaccine?
Army vaccines? Aaaack!  :o

I don't know, there are some brilliant, superb minds at Walter Reed.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Onslow

I'd take the Army vaccine.

Covid has taught me just how disgusting and handsy people are. Get your filthy breath and grubby hands off my shit!

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Onslow on December 24, 2021, 07:24:00 AMI'd take the Army vaccine.

Covid has taught me just how disgusting and handsy people are. Get your filthy breath and grubby hands off my shit!

You got that right. I feel the same way even more so now than ever.

Yallerhammer

I'm over all this covid bullshit. Meh. I've had so many shots that I look like a porcupine. Every time it dies down, they come up with another scary variant that we should all lock down and hide from, get more shots, and wrap yourself in Saran wrap from head to toe, ignore your family, and live in fear. Fuck dat. I'm done.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Dee-Vo

We may be 'done' with Covid, but it's not done with us.

Woolly Bugger

In related vaccine news...

The U.S. recorded the highest number of rabies deaths in a decade last year.
Health officials said some of the five people didn't realize they had been infected or refused life-saving shots.

NEW YORK — Five Americans died of rabies last year — the largest number in a decade — and health officials said Thursday that some of the people didn't realize they had been infected or refused life-saving shots.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released a report on three of the deaths, all stemming from contact with bats. CDC officials said the deaths were tragic and could have been prevented.

One, an 80-year-old Illinois man, refused to take life-saving shots because of a longstanding fear of vaccines. An Idaho man and a Texas boy did not get shots because of a belief that no bat bite or scratch broke their skin.

In all three cases, people "either trivialized the exposure (to bats) or they didn't recognize the severity of rabies," said Ryan Wallace, a CDC rabies expert who co-authored the report.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/us-recorded-highest-number-rabies-deaths-decade-last-year-rcna11304

maybe I should have posted under Darwin Award...
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

I though y'all might like this rant that I ran across today

You cannot view this attachment.
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

Symptoms of the New Variant May Include

Dry cough

Wet cough

The perfect cough—not too dry, not too wet

No cough

Any symptoms you typically have when you are dehydrated, are on your period, didn't get a perfect night's sleep, or are more than thirty years old

Sore throat

Throat that is not sore, just a little disappointed

Scratchy throat, but the kind that's sexy

Hunger and/or loss of appetite

Watery eyes and you haven't recently listened to the original Broadway-cast recording of "Sunday in the Park with George"

Clear eyes, coupled with a full heart and inability to lose

Feeling generally pretty good!

Tiredness (due to thinking about covid-19)

Anxiety (about catching covid-19)

Exhaustion (from panicking about covid-19)

Foot asleep

When you rub your eyes and it just makes them feel scratchier, but you simply cannot stop rubbing

Inflamed ego

The feeling that your body just misses her touch—that's all

Sweating the small stuff

Sweaty palms, weak knees, heavy arms, nervous—but on the surface calm and ready

Instagram ads are all for covid-19

Insomnia

"Insomnia" (2002, Christopher Nolan)

The feeling that you've just gotta dance!

Sneezing and no one nearby saying "bless you"

Excessive and/or painful winking

Child recently wrote "covid-19" on the mirror backward

Death

Other flu-like symptoms

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/daily-shouts/symptoms-of-the-new-variant-may-include
me -There's a season?

trout-r-us

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Dougfish

Order your 4 free at home tests.
usps.com/covidtest

Took about one minute.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006