News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Corona Virus

Started by Woolly Bugger, February 02, 2020, 13:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you worried, have you changed habits?

I stopped drinking Corona Beer!
I stopped eating Chinese Take Out
What Corona Virus?
One time at band camp I got a virus...

Trout Maharishi

A couple of FDA officials resigned today because of the controversy of booster shots. Seems like the White Houses may be calling the shots.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Phil on August 31, 2021, 16:52:13 PMJudges and conservative politicians are now epidemiologists, it seems.  :o
I'd trust a random judge for medical advice before I would trust that grown-up Alfred E. Neuman looking moron Fauci.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Woolly Bugger

Op-Ed: On the front lines, here's what the seven stages of severe COVID-19 look like

>>> Get vaccinated. If you choose not to, here's what to expect if you are hospitalized for a serious case of COVID-19.

Stage 1. You've had debilitating symptoms for a few days, but now it is so hard to breathe that you come to the emergency room. Your oxygen saturation level tells us you need help, a supplemental flow of 1 to 4 liters of oxygen per minute. We admit you and start you on antivirals, steroids, anticoagulants or monoclonal antibodies. You'll spend several days in the hospital feeling run-down, but if we can wean you off the oxygen, you'll get discharged. You survive.

Stage 2.
https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2021-08-26/pandemic-covid-19-stages-vaccination-intensive-care-respiratory-therapist
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Maharishi

We are after all this time still ill prepared to treat the most advanced stages of the virus in all but a few of the most advanced medical centers. The vaccines are proving to be less effective every day aginst preventing the virus. Mu is th new kid in town.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

Now two people I have known have succumbed to the Corona.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

David Bruce Freedman died Friday, September 3, 2021, at Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist Hospital due to complications from the Covid-19 virus. He was 64 years old. David was born December 1, 1956, to the late Roz and Abe Freedman. He grew up in Asheville, and his love of the mountains continued throughout his life. David graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1979 and from its law school in 1982. After receiving his law degree, he moved to Winston-Salem.

https://www.hayworth-miller.com/obituary/David-Freedman

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Furniture industry icon Frederick Brown Starr, former president and CEO of Thomasville Furniture Industries and Natuzzi Americas, passed away on April 1, 2020 at Moses Cone Hospital from complications of the coronavirus. Born December 11, 1932, in Springfield, MA, Starr joined Thomasville Furniture in 1974 and helped grow the company's annual sales to over 750 million dollars. Starr also supported the state and local community; notably as president of the Piedmont Triad Partnership, vice chairman of UNCG, chairman of the North Carolina Shakespeare Festival, board member and honorary chairman of the PGA Wyndham Championship, treasurer of Reynolda House Museum of American History, board member of High Point University, and president of the Eastern Musical Festival.

https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/greensboro-nc/frederick-starr-9109619
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

15,000 vacant nursing positions in NC and another 5,000 assistants needed too!

I'll just leave this here;

Bent double, like old beggars under sacks,
Knock-kneed, coughing like hags, we cursed through sludge,
Till on the haunting flares we turned our backs,
And towards our distant rest began to trudge.
Men marched asleep. Many had lost their boots,
But limped on, blood-shod. All went lame; all blind;
Drunk with fatigue; deaf even to the hoots
Of disappointed shells that dropped behind.

Gas! GAS! Quick, boys! - An ecstasy of fumbling,
Fitting the clumsy helmets just in time,
But someone still was yelling out and stumbling
And floundering like a man in fire or lime. -
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
In all my dreams, before my helpless sight,
He plunges at me, guttering, choking, drowning.

If in some smothering dreams you too could pace
Behind the wagon that we flung him in,
And watch the white eyes writhing in his face,
His hanging face, like a devil's sick of sin,
If you could hear, at every jolt, the blood
Come gargling from the froth-corrupted lungs,
Obscene as cancer, bitter as the cud
Of vile, incurable sores on innocent tongues, -
My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie: Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori.

• Wilfred Owen
me -There's a season?

Onslow

The local hospital reached 99% capacity this past week. Community volunteers are being sought to assist with various tasks.

Native Fisher

And that capacity figure is based on the number of available staff not just available beds in the hospital.  They may have 20 vacant beds in the hospital but if they don't have staff to tend to the patient, then it stays empty.  So the capacity is based on both.  The shortage of medical staff has been greatly affected by this virus. 

driver

My step-father died Sunday of COVID. 62 years old, un-vaccinated. He was in a shit hospital and his only chance, slim that it was, was to be transferred to a hospital with a dialysis machine. No hospital within 2 hours had an available ICU bed.

Dougfish

That sucks, dude. So sorry.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Woolly Bugger

So sorry Jason, that's awful news, so very sad. 
me -There's a season?

Trout Maharishi

Awful Jason, I'm so sorry to hear that. His situation is not unique. You would think the most expensive health care system in the world could do better than this.
― Charles Bukowski

Big J

Hate to hear that Jason. Prayers for you and your family. What hospital system was it out of curiosity?

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Driver, wish you and family the best.

My neighbor, living on the other side of Little Back Creek, has all the symptoms, very sick for over 4 days.  He's unvaccinated and refuses to be tested, does not want to be a statistic.  I ain't changing his mind on test, vaccine, or seeking care.  Dogmatic, hardheaded individuals in Mountain Grove are still with us.

Local schools virtual for a few weeks.  Lack of bus drivers, staff, and students, plus those in quarantine, has halted normalcy.  The D variant has hit the hills.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Fin

QuoteThe local hospital reached 99% capacity this past week

My son had the misfortune of dislocating his patella Friday evening while throwing football in the backyard with his buddies.  Non-contact, just landed funny.  Anyway, we called the Martinsville ER (currently being flooded with new Covid patients) and asked about the wait.  The lady responded, "We're doing the best we can."  That was my que to turn the truck around and head to Brenner Childeren's ER in Winston Salem.  My son was stretched out, in agony, of the floorboard of my pickup for the hour drive to Winston Salem. There was no way was I taking him into the mess at the local ER.  Let's all hope this Delta surge subsides soon.