News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Corona Virus

Started by Woolly Bugger, February 02, 2020, 13:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you worried, have you changed habits?

I stopped drinking Corona Beer!
I stopped eating Chinese Take Out
What Corona Virus?
One time at band camp I got a virus...

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Onslow on June 04, 2021, 19:23:02 PMI do take issue with the Vanity Fair article over the assertion Trump's anti Chinese rhetoric lead to anti Asian violence. I've seen nothing on the news where Trump supporters have been attacking Asians.

Then you are fucking blind!
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Onslow

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on June 04, 2021, 21:21:26 PM
Quote from: Onslow on June 04, 2021, 19:23:02 PMI do take issue with the Vanity Fair article over the assertion Trump's anti Chinese rhetoric lead to anti Asian violence. I've seen nothing on the news where Trump supporters have been attacking Asians.

Then you are fucking blind!

We are all visually impaired to some extent.  I trust that you are aware enough to understand the difference between causation, and correlation.

https://www.kqed.org/news/11859965/700-anti-asian-hate-incidents-reported-in-bay-area-during-pandemic-true-figures-might-be-even-worse

Things have reportedly become so bad, a recall effort may be underway.

https://www.npr.org/2020/04/09/829955754/son-of-60s-radicals-is-the-new-d-a-in-san-francisco-facing-the-covid-19-crisis

Woolly Bugger

You cannot view this attachment.
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dougfish

Quick check.
Nope.  d:b
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Sedition and Pockets

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on July 21, 2021, 21:41:43 PMYou cannot view this attachment.

No.  More's the pity.  Would save me some money.

Phil

Quote from: Sedition and Pockets on July 22, 2021, 06:35:05 AM
Quote from: Woolly Bugger on July 21, 2021, 21:41:43 PMYou cannot view this attachment.

No.  More's the pity.  Would save me some money.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :bow  Now that's funny right there. It sure would have saved me money in my lifetime.

jwgnc

This ain't necessarily Fly Fishing -  more appropriately in this thread?  from a "Dan Baily" not from the flyshop family?

Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

Trout Maharishi

JWGNC- I saw this a couple of days ago. Totally uncalled for, espically with his family there.  I've also been watching closely the problems he's having with the NAS spying on him and unmasking his name. Once again we have people in the WH willing to weaponize government agencies to go after their enemies. I don't care if you hate Carlson, the use of government agencies like the IRS, NAS, and the FBI to harass and silence US citizens has to stop. I admit when the Patriot Act first came out I was all for it, I was wrong. It needs to be reeled in and some changes need to be made. It could be you tomorrow because they are willing to do it to anyone.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Trout Maharishi

If you've never listened to Edward Snowden talk about the things these alphabet agencies are doing to us you need to. It's mind blowing what's actually going on and how he's been silenced and probably lives in fear of being snatched and "suicided".
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

QuoteJWGNC- I saw this a couple of days ago. Totally uncalled for, espically with his family there.  I've also been watching closely the problems he's having with the NAS spying on him and unmasking his name. Once again we have people in the WH willing to weaponize government agencies to go after their enemies. I don't care if you hate Carlson, the use of government agencies like the IRS, NAS, and the FBI to harass and silence US citizens has to stop. I admit when the Patriot Act first came out I was all for it, I was wrong. It needs to be reeled in and some changes need to be made. It could be you tomorrow because they are willing to do it to anyone.

That NSA story is a crock of shit created by Fucker Carlson to stir the pot. 
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Trout Maharishi

I don't think so WB. The NAS has already admitted to unmasking him. They claim he was caught up in some other on going investigation, but his name never the less was unmasked. That's aginst the law. d:b No doubt he's not going to ride it into the ground to boost his ratings, I would
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Trout Maharishi

Everyone is so busy calling each other idiots, homophobic, and racists etc that we never actually do anything about the real problems we face. The networks and the talking heads feed off of each other. Guys like Olive would be doing standup in some smoky club in Arkansas living in a trailer with his 4th wife. without it  :laugh:  :P
― Charles Bukowski