News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Corona Virus

Started by Woolly Bugger, February 02, 2020, 13:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you worried, have you changed habits?

I stopped drinking Corona Beer!
I stopped eating Chinese Take Out
What Corona Virus?
One time at band camp I got a virus...

Onslow

QuotePomeranian has low-level infection and experts unanimously conclude human-to-animal transmission

But experts also cite previous experience with Sars suggesting cats and dogs will not fall sick or transmit virus to people

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/health-environment/article/3065016/coronavirus-pet-dog-belonging-covid-19-patient

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Big J on March 04, 2020, 08:50:30 AMStill overhyped.

Overhyped?  Perhaps, but what will transpire if we do little or nothing to understand and contain this bug?  Think mutation!!!!!     Usually mutations are neutral or harmful, rarely beneficial.     

BUT, we are in good hands!

"I haven't touched my face in weeks!" Trump said to laughter. "I miss it."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/airline-news/2020/03/04/coronavirus-donald-trump-assures-public-its-safe-fly/4951826002/
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Big J

It's not an either or issue.  I'm only stating that people and the media are overhyping it. I also think Trump was downplaying it. My wife went to Sam's club to do her monthly trip and people have ransacked the waters, paper goods, and cleaning products. I'm building a hutch for our living room and my sawdust mask was pretty well worn so I went to Lowe's to pick up another pack of dusk masks and they were sold out.  Anyone check ebay to see what Lysol and N95 masks are going for?  It's insane.  I think the medical community has jumped on this properly and are making gains on a vaccine.  Read that Israeli scientist claim to be weeks out to having a vaccine to start trials and testing.  I'm not advocating we do nothing, not advocating I'm an expert, just saying imho, this is not the herd thinning plague everyone is making it out to be. 

I'm wired to being a little more cautious in these situations and in life in general.  I have a daughter with an auto immune disease and on methotrexate on a weekly basis which also compromises her immune system.  If anyone was to be paranoid I would think it would be me, the guy that carries a gun around on his hip on a daily basis and with this daughter.  Looking at the facts with this, I'm really not concerned and have faith in the medical field and mother nature's season changing that this will work itself out.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Big J on March 05, 2020, 08:39:11 AMIt's insane. 

Yes, the quintessential human angst, the fear of death.  Word of the day = thanatophobia.

Immediate threats, real or not, seem to rock our world, while future perils to our existence seem to elude us (i.e. climate change).  Our lofty position as the idyllic, dominant species needs some work.

Dougfish

My wife, with her national nursing network, tells me that people are stealing masks, gloves, hand cleaner and other supplies from doctor's offices and hospitals in areas with positive testing.
Seattle area is in near meltdown.
But I'm sure Pence, Mr. Science denier, visiting will calm everyone.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Big J on March 04, 2020, 16:59:11 PMAlso, what is up with the web browser distortion with the text WB?  The text is extended way out of boxes.

What browser on what platform?

Screenshot please
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

hcrum87hc

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on March 05, 2020, 13:23:59 PM
Quote from: Big J on March 04, 2020, 16:59:11 PMAlso, what is up with the web browser distortion with the text WB?  The text is extended way out of boxes.

Screenshot please

I'm seeing it on page 2 of this thread using Chrome on Windows 10.
Jeremiah 17:7

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on March 05, 2020, 13:23:59 PM

Screenshot please

Yup, earlier I was forced to scroll right, way right, all the way to WV, to read the entire message.  I hate going right!  Like Leonard on the Big Bang, I always go left!  Now it is doing the same damned thing when I preview this message.

Have no idea of browser I am using.  I just turn the sons-a-bitch on and start hitting keys.  If there's a problem, it must be that damned corona.

Woolly Bugger

Try it now! It may have been the long ass url that mudflap posted
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

troutrus

Page 2 of this thread I see examples where posts extend beyond the outer limits. Using Ipad with Safari.
You cannot view this attachment.

hcrum87hc

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on March 05, 2020, 15:57:35 PMTry it now! It may have been the long ass url that mudflap posted

Still doing it for me.  Looks like troutrus posted a long URL.
Jeremiah 17:7

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: hcrum87hc on March 06, 2020, 08:22:59 AM
Quote from: Woolly Bugger on March 05, 2020, 15:57:35 PMTry it now! It may have been the long ass url that mudflap posted

Still doing it for me.  Looks like troutrus posted a long URL.

So, it wasn't me!  Seems Bossman went to the same culpability class as my wife.  Just celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary, and the one constant over those 35 blissful years is, she still blames me for shit that I did not do.   

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

"The tests are beautiful."  What the freak is a "beautiful" test?  How the heck did we regress where our boss uses such adolescent oration?  Often, I use juvenile language, but I ain't a leader of anyone.  I expect more from our chiefs!

Obliging fish story for itieuglyflies (well, sort of a fishing story):  Wonderful angling dream last night.  I was fishing the Smith during the heat of an August day, during the terrestrial season.  Heading upstream, I was soon at the tail end of my favorite reach, The Trestle Pool.  As I studied the lower flat, I knew the left bank always provided a fish or two.  Perfect angle for a right hander, I started popping a beetle, tight along the edge, as I waded upstream in the knee-deep water.  Soon I was hooked up.  First a spunky 8 incher, then another clone, and then another about an inch longer.  It was then an upstream horizonal fleshy figure caught my eye.  It was Jennifer Connelly sprawled out on an army surplus sleeping mat.  It was the first time I had seen this particular Jennifer without her wraps, even in a dream.  (I watched 'Only the Brave' last week, so that may explain.)  Ms. Connelly was restfully situated on that spit of river depositional material that sprouts downstream from the rock garden at the head of the pool/flat.  I assume that little river peninsula remains.  She slowly raised her fully exposed torso, with an inviting "Hello".  I responded with an Appalachian "howdy miss".  She invited me over, returning to her original horizonal posture, shading her eyes with her left hand from the midday Henry County sun.  I could not help admiring her slender, athletic, naked flesh, and was oddly attracted to her nether region and the lack of foliage, except for the hirsute fish-shaped "mons pubis".  She caught my glance, so I was forced to break the quiet.  "You must like fish", I stammered.  Ms. Connelly stirringly responded, "Yes, I do, but what I could use is a beer.  There were two anglers by earlier, but all they had was pretentious beer.  I didn't see them catch a thing.  I believe their names were Doug and Keith."  "How's an Old Milwaukee sound?" I blurted, ejaculating spittle in excitement.  Then I woke to the downstairs coffee pot doing its thing.   

Woolly Bugger

I've had my fill of Old Milwaukee  d:b  p;-

Oh my god! "...like the big monster ship...."
me -There's a season?