Where the Ashley and Cooper Rivers Join to Form the Atlantic Ocean

Started by Sedition and Pockets, December 15, 2019, 10:00:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sedition and Pockets

A friend who guides out of Charleston called me up Wednesday night and told me his Friday charter had bailed, and wanted to know if I was down for some salty critters.  I haven't been down to the coast in months, so I leapt at the chance.

I slipped down Thursday evening, checked into a hotel, and met another old friend for dinner.  On the way out the door, I saw myself in the mirror.  Usually, that still makes me feel a little twinge of sadness, but for once, I looked in the glass and saw something that didn't make me want to look away.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

The weatherman had been promising good, glassy conditions.  The plan in the morning was to run offshore to check out a couple artificial reefs, tease up some AJs, and tug on a few of those bad boys.  Alas, the weatherman was full of it, and we found too much chop to make the long run in a bay boat.  We called an audible and chased birds just off the beaches after bull redfish.  Success was attained.  They are handsome fish.  This one was the handsomest of all.

Cheers y'all!

Claire

Woolly Bugger

Good show, saw where Brian and Sarah got into them big time too
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dougfish

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Sedition and Pockets

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on December 17, 2019, 12:09:49 PMGood show, saw where Brian and Sarah got into them big time too

I need to get out and fish with them at some point.  They seem like badass peeps.