News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Winter Camping Trip

Started by Big J, November 18, 2019, 09:34:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougfish

Quote from: Onslow on November 18, 2019, 20:50:19 PMI'm assuming the pack is a Trekker 65, no?

Yes sir. Proven beast. Shockingly adjustable. And a bargain. 

Wide open camping in the east does not appeal to me. Got to have a tarp, at the least.
Too much dew and/or frost.
We were covered up in frost and moisture in general Sunday morning. Humidity was above 90%.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

hcrum87hc

Phenomenal trip gentlemen!  I'm still hankering to do a fishing/backpacking trip.  It's on my to do list in the next couple of years. 
Jeremiah 17:7

benben reincarnated

Cool shit guise.

Really disappointed in the lack of rhodo in this post though.

Big J

Quote from: benben reincarnated on November 19, 2019, 10:30:38 AMCool shit guise.

No Rhodo but lots of Laurel. Lots of witch hazel for Doug to snag on too. Sat in one spot eating can of cheese balls watching Doug get snagged on back cast, get it untangled. Walk back to spot to cast and it got hung up on walk, then makes a cast and gets hung up on a branch over pool.

Dougfish

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
Kelly's Heroes,1970

But if I do,

itieuglyflies

Great reports.....young man's terrain. Keep doing it every chance you get.

hcrum87hc

Quote from: Big J on November 19, 2019, 11:26:03 AM
Quote from: benben reincarnated on November 19, 2019, 10:30:38 AMCool shit guise.

No Rhodo but lots of Laurel. Lots of witch hazel for Doug to snag on too. Sat in one spot eating can of cheese balls watching Doug get snagged on back cast, get it untangled. Walk back to spot to cast and it got hung up on walk, then makes a cast and gets hung up on a branch over pool.

Does one truly fly fish if this doesn't happen occasionally?
Jeremiah 17:7

Fin

Quotewatching Doug get snagged on back cast

Just be glad it wasn't you he snagged!  Trust me when I say, it is in one's best interest to keep a wide berth when Doug is waving a stick.

Dougfish

What's a tailing loop between friends?
At least the hook was barbless. :-*
Kelly's Heroes,1970

But if I do,