News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Going to Water

Started by Yallerhammer, September 27, 2019, 16:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big J

Very nice. Good slam and good read.  Glad someone is finding water to trout fish.

Yallerhammer

Quote from: hcrum87hc on September 30, 2019, 08:15:13 AMDamn you for setting my expectations for all future reports so high after reading this one.  I'm not sure I'll appreciate them quite the same.  You certainly have a talent for the narrative, and I thank you for sharing it with us. 

I haven't fished that valley yet, although I've backpacked in the area.  I'm planning on making a multi-day trip there in the spring to get my feet wet (pun intended) and hoping for my first wild slam.  You can bet I'll think back on this report, and it'll make me appreciate it all the more.

It's hard to not catch a slam on any medium-sized water in there. I did it with the first three casts on one of the feeders last year.

And if you go downstream, there's always the potential for this:

You cannot view this attachment.

March 1991, big nymph. 32", 15.5 lbs. Biggest verified fish ever caught in the GSMNP.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

creekfreak

Thanks Yaller... those pics and narrative allowed me to get lost into the mountains I love and miss so much. Keep posting man, enjoy them so much.
Guinness! Good God!

troutboy_II

When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.