News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Ticks

Started by Woolly Bugger, July 17, 2019, 08:05:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Would not surprise me, at all!!!  There was a lot of questionable research going on at locations, like Fort Detrick.

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=93196647

Of all the arthropods out there, ticks are the only critter that alarms me.  I believe, and I have no evidence, ticks are carrying unknown pathogens, which we have no clue on what they are or how to combat them. 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Onslow

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on July 17, 2019, 08:40:03 AMWould not surprise me, at all!!!  There was a lot of questionable research going on at locations, like Fort Detrick.

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=93196647

Of all the arthropods out there, ticks are the only critter that alarms me.  I believe, and I have no evidence, ticks are carrying unknown pathogens, which we have no clue on what they are or how to combat them. 

2 years ago, one the scouts in the Troop I'm currently involved with was bit by a tick, and ended up with quite a spectrum of food allergies, including beef.

A customer of Indian ancestry I dealt with 13 years ago died within weeks of being bitten by a tick in Granville Cnty NC ~ 2006.  The tick was picked up in his yard.  Death by yard work.....

Another customer I dealt with was enduring the dreadful MS which came about due to Lyme.

My church pastor currently fighting Lyme.  Doc told him that 80 percent of ticks now carry Spotted Fever or Lyme.

Conspiracy theories make for great entertainment, but I'm not buying it.

greg

A builder I do work for has been sick for the last 5 weeks with spotted tick fever. Said he has never been this sick 8n his life.

Onslow

Another tick nightmare....

One of my former employees was cleaning up his newly purchased property in preparation for home building.  He threw down a tarp on the ground to protect his arse from the woodland mites during his lunch break.  While consuming his grub, the pitter patter of what sounded like rain drops were heard, but the skies were clear.  Upon further investigation, ticks were raining from the trees trying to land on him!

Phil

hcrum87hc

Quote from: Onslow on July 17, 2019, 20:52:24 PMAnother tick nightmare....

One of my former employees was cleaning up his newly purchased property in preparation for home building.  He threw down a tarp on the ground to protect his arse from the woodland mites during his lunch break.  While consuming his grub, the pitter patter of what sounded like rain drops were heard, but the skies were clear.  Upon further investigation, ticks were raining from the trees trying to land on him!

I'd nope the hell right out of there.  Thankfully I haven't had many encounters with ticks. My dad always warned me about them while growing up, so I tended not to go in the woods much in the summer.  When I do these days, it's always with a hat, long sleeves, and pants.
Jeremiah 17:7

Dougfish

Need mo possums.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Yallerhammer

I hate those fuckers. Alpha gal virus is the thing on earth that I am most scared of.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

driver

Quote from: Yallerhammer on July 19, 2019, 17:39:56 PMI hate those fuckers. Alpha gal virus is the thing on earth that I am most scared of.

Same here. I know a couple of people with it. I bet i would lose a few pounds though..

greg

I had to look up alpha gal. Never heard of it. That's scary as shit.

Dougfish

J and I know a guy who had a serious weight problem. Started the Atkins? diet. Almost all red meat. Pounds started falling off.
Got A-G from a tick. Diet in the crapper. What are the fudging odds?
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006