Humanity Has Killed 83% of All Wild Mammals and Half of All Plants: Study

Started by Woolly Bugger, June 25, 2019, 10:37:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Since we humans are pattern seeking critters, I am seeing a pattern here at BRFFF.  So, I must ask.  Why do we post environmental-issue stuff?  If it ain't beer, BBQ, guns, the Smith, etc., then it is unlikely to garner responses. 

Perhaps a sub-forum, or whatever you call it, titled Environmental Issues would prove prudent --  a broader, more obvious position for such matters.

Here's what I have to say about humanity.  We still trust we are privileged, we still believe in superstitions, and we continue to be delusional thinking we have free will.  And we suck when it comes to stewardship of our home!
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Big J

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on June 25, 2019, 10:37:24 AM
QuoteOf the birds left in the world, 70% are poultry chickens and other farmed birds. And of the mammals left in the world, 60% are livestock, 36% are pigs, and a mere 4% are wild.

https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/content/humans-destroyed-83-of-wildlife-report/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=au&utm_campaign=general-content&linkId=68988830&fbclid=IwAR3o5Xv22DXs9aRuBl__E4mAW3Z0atbqw40p8WSgVXSI9DHtM_Vb5Bnt8JI

What I conclude is if the other wild animals tasted like steak or bacon, there would be more of them.

Dougfish

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

DRIFTS

Saw a big ole bear the other day passing by a boat ramp at the crack ass of dawn...wonder if they taste like bacon?
l><))))))))))))))))),/*>~----------------------dave