News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

window of opportunity

Started by Woolly Bugger, July 02, 2019, 18:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

I was surprised to see that there was no generation on the SoHo this morning, only a bump and then they turned the wheels on at 3. So I hauled ass over the mountains and hit the lower river. Walked in to an old favorite spot I had a puff daddy tied on from the Smith the other day so I went with that. First cast a bit short, pulled out some line, second cast in the lane and fish on! A nice little brownie.. release, cast and repeat!

The fish were looking up but there weren't a lot of bugs on the water and at times they stopped hitting on the surface, so i rigged up a splitback and caught them that way too. I fished for about 4 hours and then took a break for lunch. When I was getting ready to get back on the water the sky darkened and thunder boomed.. It raind like hell and I hit the road home.

I have misplaced my TG camera, I hope it's not lost  <-;:  So I used the GoPro as back up..

here is a sampling of the two dozen fish caught. 

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

itieuglyflies

Great report. Hope you locate your camera. Heading out that way myself Thursday-Sunday. Hoping they give us some low flows.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: itieuglyflies on July 02, 2019, 21:30:34 PMGreat report. Hope you locate your camera. Heading out that way myself Thursday-Sunday. Hoping they give us some low flows.
good luck with the generation schdule the lake is way full, I don't know the reason they didn't run full tilt today.
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

dhjunkie