News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

The Return

Started by driver, May 05, 2019, 12:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

driver

After discussing this creek with Ken a couple months ago. It perked my interest, I haven't fish the creek in close to 10 years. I remember it being a decent fishery. I hiked in the the upper reaches about a mile and fished my way back up. It took a while before I saw a fish. Then finally caught one half way out. Not looking good.

Never a good sign when there are lots of these guys.

Then I caught a decent fish.

Then I caught this. Not a good sign.

After that I hit a couple of decent looking pools and high tailed it out of there. I was going to head to a different drainage, but I was running out of time and the lower part of this creek was on the way home. So I stopped and hit a short easy access stretch, I left the phone in the truck , so no photos. But I caught 5 or 6 lost a good one of about 14in.

Not sure if it was an off day or if this creek is on the decline. I also wonder if the upper fished worse than the lower because of a flat field water at the headwaters causing warmer water and the lower is better do to cool feeder creeks. Also a lot of sediment in upper, I don't remember it being that bad. All fish were decent but far an few between.

Dougfish

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Onslow

I'm going to drop in from the pull off near the cluster of trailers when I go.

I cannot believe you did not catch any browns.