News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Big Boyz Don't Cry...

Started by Dougfish, May 05, 2019, 20:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

That reminds me of the time I took the whole famdamnily on a 10.5 mile hike on the Boogerman Trail! Kids 6 & 9 had a great time, wifey not so much!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Fin

Quote from: Dougfish on May 08, 2019, 09:22:32 AMThe other great side story is Jacob finding some ticks crawling on him while fishing. Neil then reportedly took off his pants to check his tender bits.

I hate a tick...

Onslow

Quote from: Fin on May 08, 2019, 11:40:07 AM
Quote from: Dougfish on May 08, 2019, 09:22:32 AMThe other great side story is Jacob finding some ticks crawling on him while fishing. Neil then reportedly took off his pants to check his tender bits.

I hate a tick...

I regard ticks as the most dangerous creatures in the woods.

Big J

Quote from: Onslow on May 08, 2019, 11:56:26 AM

I hate a tick...

I regard ticks as the most dangerous creatures in the woods.

You obviously have never seen Doug rubbing lotion on his feet by the campfire.  It was scary.

troutrus

I hate a tick...
I'll take ticks over chiggers anyday.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Really enjoyed the report and photos.  Great job guys!

Wrecked my mind on Driver's "Jelly" and how it related to your adventure – at a loss on the meaning.   I had no idea we'd incorporated middle-school girl lingo into our angling vocabulary.  If the origin is elsewhere, then I apologize to the middle-school females.  "Jelly" now ranks up there with "Epic".   

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Dougfish

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on May 08, 2019, 18:25:51 PMReally enjoyed the report and photos.  Great job guys!

Wrecked my mind on Driver's "Jelly" and how it related to your adventure – at a loss on the meaning.  I had no idea we'd incorporated middle-school girl lingo into our angling vocabulary.  If the origin is elsewhere, then I apologize to the middle-school females.  "Jelly" now ranks up there with "Epic". 

We almost showed up Sunday morning to dig a shithole and build an outhouse on your back 40.
The neighbors would have been jelly.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

driver

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on May 08, 2019, 18:25:51 PMReally enjoyed the report and photos.  Great job guys!

Wrecked my mind on Driver's "Jelly" and how it related to your adventure – at a loss on the meaning.   I had no idea we'd incorporated middle-school girl lingo into our angling vocabulary.  If the origin is elsewhere, then I apologize to the middle-school females.  "Jelly" now ranks up there with "Epic".   

I got another one that might wreck your mind. "Stfu" and "Gdiaf"

J, excellent photos. That stream looks like a gem and glad to see you aren't a snake puss!

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: driver on May 08, 2019, 21:39:16 PM

Wrecked my mind on Driver's "Jelly" and how it related to your adventure – at a loss on the meaning.  I had no idea we'd incorporated middle-school girl lingo into our angling vocabulary.  If the origin is elsewhere, then I apologize to the middle-school females.  "Jelly" now ranks up there with "Epic". 

J, excellent photos. That stream looks like a gem and glad to see you aren't a snake puss!

Yup, as stated, wonderful report/pics.  I do however miss seeing a photo of your firenado, if you built one.  And I hope all of you experienced suffy bouncebackability after your hike out.  It seems your adventure was straty, well planned.  Zemblanity rules!

D, I'm apay and indiffy towards your jargon and acronyms.

Dee-Vo

Thank you for a good, genuine laugh. I needed that this morning.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Dee-Vo on May 09, 2019, 10:14:24 AM

Thank you for a good, genuine laugh. I needed that this morning.

Some feeders are easily amused. 

Yallerhammer

Hell yeah, that's what it's all about there. Great report!

Wish we had specks that size down here.

WB, I live near there, we used to hike the Boogerman a few times a year. One of my first dates with my wife was a 15-mile hike starting at the Rough Fork trailhead and crossing over the mountain into the Caldwell Fork drainage that the Boogerman is on, and back across the divide lower. down. She had a good time, so I figured she might be a keeper. :)
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff