JT sent this to me I think it's been photoshoped!!!

Started by Woolly Bugger, June 05, 2006, 16:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stone-Man

Blue
  Many things dictate where big gill will be. Spawning time being one of them. Big gills don't nesessarily spawn in real shallow water especially if the lake has a lot of fluctuation.
When not spawning,big gills tend to suspend   at 5-15 ft deep over deeper water. In big lakes such as in Tennessee,they will suspend on the sides of cliffs. On the shallower big lakes,they will be out in 5-8 ft of water on gradually sloping flats where mayflies hatch.
In you lake,if there is a creek channel in it,they may be out in the middle of the channel when not spawning.

I imagine that you know all this,but some of the other readers might not.  The best deep water baits that I have ever used are a leaded Blonde Tellico or a chain-eye bully

Where do you live ??

JT

kylemc

A whiskey picnic in Horse creek and I didn't know about it! shame on you JT!!

Kyle

Bluegiller

I Live northwest of Birmingham Ala. I,ve found the places with the most predatory fish have the biggest Bluegills & Shellcrackers. Once they grow past 3/4 lb. gills don't act like they did as smaller fish. It takes special tactics to target 1 pounders. You are dead right about deep water. Ralph