Found a new fishing partner

Started by Al, April 11, 2019, 09:03:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

Went back to my local farm pond where I have access to a canoe that always gives me fits as it keeps swinging out of place while I am fishing alone. In the past I have offered the front seat to my neighbor but for various reasons her availability has been unreliable b';    -  I think I just obtained a replacement or at least someone who can pinch hit in the front of the canoe.
You cannot view this attachment.

She was not familiar with a spin cast rod but a little dockside instruction fixed that

First fish. Actually first bass ever. She is "hooked"
You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.

She caught a couple more smaller ones and missed at least half a dozen because she had not got the positive hook set down yet.

I even caught a couple

Eat ya heart out guys!!!

Woolly Bugger

Nice, you can always count on Al to be hittin' on the women!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Al

Got out again last evening  with same fishing partner at same location

The bass were on fire - we caught 5 off the dock before even putting the canoe in the water

Here is some of the action

Ooooopps, that one got away

These didn't get away until after the mug shot

Old Al caught a few between maneuvering the canoe and taking pictures

Without exaggeration we caught over 30 - most were 1 1/2 to 2 pounds. One might have gone 4. We also caught a few small ones that must have thought if they were successful in nailing that grape colored worm they would not have had to eat again in a week.

Polished off a few O'douls and finger food as well (Can't drink and drive - plus I didn't want her to get me drunk and advantage of me)

Woolly Bugger

she's catching
bigger fish that A;  -0-
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

itieuglyflies

Go Al - looks like you have some good catching going on. Who said old guys can't get it done!

Al

Back at last evening with my new fishing partner - She definitely out fished me. Great personality, loves her beer - understanding husband who does not fish or hunt - I should probably also mention she owns 50 acres of prime deer habitat.

Here are a few photos

DRIFTS

l><))))))))))))))))),/*>~----------------------dave

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Al, I tip my hat to you.  Kudos to you for your understanding, patience, compassion, and fortitude.

Whenever I fished with a gal, including my wife, it was akin to babysitting.  Therefore, I have reserved what angling days remain for men-only or, if I am blessed, a future granddaughter.    Not even a striking, voluptuous angling doxy would change my mind  -- not even a vintage 1976 Dorothy Hamill would amend my plan!

My liberal hypocrisy has no bounds.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Pansyman

Do y'all yank out the little slicks from that pond Al?  All my wildlife biologists friends say you should cull everything under 14-15" on bass and release the larger ones or you just get a pond full of short skinny bass
You can lead a horticulture<br />but you can't make her think.<br /><br />Only users lose weed.

Al

Quote from: Pansyman on June 24, 2019, 20:52:08 PMDo y'all yank out the little slicks from that pond Al?  All my wildlife biologists friends say you should cull everything under 14-15" on bass and release the larger ones or you just get a pond full of short skinny bass

I have been told the same thing. We probably need to start doing that.

For the most part what we have been doing is only keeping the deeply hooked ones. I'll talk with the owners to see if they might want to change their plan.

Stone-Man

Yep,you need to cull a few of those skinny bassums. What kind of bream population does it have  ???

Al

Quote from: Stone-Man on June 25, 2019, 09:18:42 AMYep,you need to cull a few of those skinny bassums. What kind of bream population does it have  ???

It has bream but not a big population - they go from majority small and a few nice ones

Al

Been busy lately getting my hunting spots ready for deer season but finally got the attractive ballast back in the front of the canoe and gave the pond a try yesterday morning. (Forgot my camera so all these photos are from her cellphone)

The bite was off. Water temperature was well into the 80's.

Fished for about 2 hours. Caught about a dozen. All taken on a Zoom Trick Worm -Junebug in color (Looks dark blue to me)

Almost forgot to mention that my new fishing partner and I have been busy putting in ladder stands and ground blinds on her property. Photos from deer camera's look promising.  ;D