As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

NC Wildlife Hatch Chart

Started by Woolly Bugger, April 04, 2019, 06:56:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

High Res: https://bit.ly/2HVFqyu

You cannot view this attachment.
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Very cool, Bossman.  Intriguing that the grand old Adams, or an Adams derivative, is listed 15 times under 'Pattern'.  Original or parachute or plagiarized, it is a great fly!!!

Fuck a bead, fuck a dropper, fuck a streamer, and fuck a green weenie!!!

<Mr. Carter wrote that when Prof. Joe Humphreys, one of his fishing partners, asked him to name his favorite kind of fishing, he replied: ''Dry fly, rising trout, long leaders, fine tippet, deep water.''

Replied Mr. Humphreys: ''O.K., then lets try nymphs on the bottom in riffles and shallow pocket water!'' ''It was,'' said Mr. Carter, ''like dealing with Congress!'' 'I'm in a Tortured Phase'>

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Dougfish

Looks like a #20 Griffins Gnat or Matt's Midge matches the hatch 365.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

benben reincarnated

Quote from: Dougfish on April 04, 2019, 08:52:19 AMLooks like a #20 Griffins Gnat or Matt's Midge matches the hatch 365.

Don't think I've ever fished once and not seen a midge coming off the water at one point during the day.

Onslow

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on April 04, 2019, 08:13:03 AMVery cool, Bossman.  Intriguing that the grand old Adams, or an Adams derivative, is listed 15 times under 'Pattern'.  Original or parachute or plagiarized, it is a great fly!!!

Fuck a bead, fuck a dropper, fuck a streamer, and fuck a green weenie!!!

<Mr. Carter wrote that when Prof. Joe Humphreys, one of his fishing partners, asked him to name his favorite kind of fishing, he replied: ''Dry fly, rising trout, long leaders, fine tippet, deep water.''

Yes sir, that is some hard hitting Hiner flucksam (fuckage and flotsam)right there. 

Don't believe I've ever caught a trout on a dry fly.  I have caught crappie on dries, and a 2.5 pound bass on a damselfly once.

Wet fly fishing came first.  If ain't you fish wets, youins ain't doin it rite. 
Dry fly fishing is for posers who have a penchant for standing in 2 centimeters of water with chest waders.  At least this is what I imagine.  I've never seen anyone fish with a dry fly, lol.

Dougfish

Quote from: Onslow on April 04, 2019, 19:15:49 PMI've never seen anyone fish with a dry fly, lol.

You should come fish with me on Saturday, then.
I catch 80% subsurface, but when they are looking up, it's game on.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

The Dude

Not a bad list.  Although I would move yellow sallies up to May and Golden Stones up to June, and keep terrestrials on there into October-November.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Yallerhammer

They will hit an Adams, Yellow Palmer, Yellow Stimulator, Thunderhead, in some size about any time they look up. At least in the freestone streams around here. They will hit a Tellico or Prince nymph about any time.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

hcrum87hc

I catch the vast majority of my wild, small stream fish on a para adams with a hares ear dropper.  I've had a few days where they'll come up out of the deep on larger streams to hit a dry, but I usually start with a nymph rig in those spots.
Jeremiah 17:7