New Yadkin River Park - Davidson County set to open in June

Started by Woolly Bugger, March 24, 2019, 11:39:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

https://www.yadkinriverkeeper.org/news/2019/3/23/yadkin-river-park-in-davidson-county-bridging-the-past-present-and-future

QuoteThis park is not just for sportsmen or history buffs. With an existing 3 miles of trails that wind through the park and into the wooded entrenchments and rifle pits of Fort York, and the 1,300 feet long Wil-Cox Bridge that spans the Yadkin River connecting Davidson and Rowan Counties, opportunities for hiking, biking, and running are endless. Connectivity to the North Carolina Transportation Museum, just 3.5 miles away via the approved Spencer/Grants Creek Greenway is just around the corner. A proposed greenway connecting the park to the I-85 Corporate Center will add an additional 5-7 miles of trail to the park and is currently in the planning stages, along with a proposed 11-mile trail connecting the Yadkin River Park and Boones Cave Park.

Thanks to partnerships and funding sources from many federal, state and local agencies and foundations and the Davidson County Commissioners, the initial phase of the Yadkin River Park is set to be complete and open to the public in June 2019. A riverwalk and staircase connecting the Wil-Cox Bridge and the York Hill Boat access, picnic shelters, a plaza entrance to the bridge with benches and informational kiosks will keep visitor’s entertained for the day within the park boundaries.
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!