News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Too Many Naturals!

Started by LowRod, June 05, 2006, 06:30:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowRod

Only twice in my life have I ever experienced a fly hatch where there were literally too many flies on the water.  The first time was in Central PA on Fishing Creek during a Green Drake spinner fall.  That night the spinners were falling so heavily it looked like a blizzard.  When my fly landed on the water it just disappeared among the naturals and the fish just could not be fooled.
Saturday evening, I stumbled into a sulphur hatch so prolific I was in awe.  The duns covered the water like a blanket.  I had at least a dozen fish within easy casting distance, but they would not take anything I had.  My flies must have looked very fake among all those naturals.  Very frustrating, but at the same time, very awesome!

FT

Don't you hate it when that happens. 
Charter Member Shenandoah Valley Irregulars

larrybug

those darn bugs sure do get in the way of good fishing

Peddler

Give 'em sumpin' to chomp on!

The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

ditchmonkey

ive heard to throw a hopper or something when its that thick, theyre supposedly very choosy, thats what they do during the coffin fly hatches like that out west, always get real vicious strikes...
Yeah man, I tell ya what, man, that dang ol' internet, man, you just go in on there and point and click, talk about w-w-dot-w-com, mean you got nekkid chicks on there, man, just go click, click, click, click, click, it's real easy, man.