• Welcome to Pretentious Snobby Bastard Fly Fishing!!!!. Please login or sign up.
May 06, 2021, 10:51:09 AM

News:

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

unlimited it's the water, stupid

Started by Woolly Bugger, March 04, 2019, 11:37:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

The US May Be About to Declare Its First-Ever Water Shortage
Nevada, California, and especially Arizona could be affected by a shortfall of water beginning this coming August.

>>>This coming August, for the first time in its history, the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation is likely to issue a Level 1 Water Shortage Declaration which would trigger mandatory cuts in water consumption primarily in two states — Arizona and Nevada.

This past week, the bureau released its 24-month projection for water contained in the 1,450-mile-long (2,333 km) Colorado River. The river originates on the Western Slope of the Rocky Mountains in northern Colorado and is fed by the Green, Gunnison, and San Juan rivers.

https://interestingengineering.com/us-about-to-declare-its-first-water-shortage
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dougfish

When shit gets real, maybe a few folks will wake up.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? " -Oddball, 1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Onslow

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on April 22, 2021, 12:18:02 PMThe US May Be About to Declare Its First-Ever Water Shortage
Nevada, California, and especially Arizona could be affected by a shortfall of water beginning this coming August.

>>>This coming August, for the first time in its history, the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation is likely to issue a Level 1 Water Shortage Declaration which would trigger mandatory cuts in water consumption primarily in two states — Arizona and Nevada.

This past week, the bureau released its 24-month projection for water contained in the 1,450-mile-long (2,333 km) Colorado River. The river originates on the Western Slope of the Rocky Mountains in northern Colorado and is fed by the Green, Gunnison, and San Juan rivers.
https://interestingengineering.com/us-about-to-declare-its-first-water-shortage

This should've happened 5 years ago.  I cannot figure out how grass lawns are allowed in areas that tap the Colorado for water.

Dear Climate refugee, NC is full.  Piss off, and haul your asses VA.

#CommissionsEarned