Customer Service is a Joy (Mild Rant)

Started by Dee-Vo, February 05, 2019, 09:57:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee-Vo

I'm unsure of which of you deal with people/customers for a living. I know some of you do. And anyone knows that this can be a bitch and that people simply don't care.

Over all of my years dealing with folks and their unhappy thoughts/opinions I've been called most names, threatened, etc......just another day.

I will share this episode from Sunday night.

At home, we're currently working on trying to get my 3 year old sleeping by himself in his own bed all night. It's working, but slowly. Sunday night I was lying in his bed with him. I had accidentally fell asleep.

We were both awoken by my cell phone ringing in another room of the house. I'm thinking WTF is going on. It could be that something bad has happened to someone, it could be a robo call, or maybe just a shitfaced friend who is acting 18 again by calling in the middle of the night.

I jump up, run across the house, and by the time i get my phone off the charger it has stopped ringing. After getting my little one to lay back down I take the phone into another room to further investigate. A voicemail pops up from an unfamiliar number.

The voicemail was from a customer that wanted to tell me that his mattress was "not so comfortable" and wanted to inquire about my return policy. I threw the phone down on the bed and returned to try and attempt to get my son back to sleep once again.

I looked over at the digital clock on the nightstand and it's 1:00 am.

WTF. LOL.

I called the dude back the next morning without mention of the phone call. I happily said, "Sure, I'll take care of your issue."

People amaze me.  b';

Pansyman

I feel your pain bro.  I have customers who call or text at night. Text ok.  Call not so much.  I usually text them back at 6:00 am or call at 7:55    To address their issues
You can lead a horticulture<br />but you can't make her think.<br /><br />Only users lose weed.

driver

Something as stupid as a mattress . Is ridculous.

I get customers calling or text all the time. But I tell them to call me 24/7 if they have a problem.

I did have a customer call me while he was drunk once at 2am. He rambled about something totally unrelated to my work. I told him I'd call back tomorrow. And when I did he had no idea why i was calling.

99% of my customers are awesome people. Somehow the assholes usually weed themselves out.

Dee-Vo

Quote from: driver on February 05, 2019, 12:36:49 PM

I did have a customer call me while he was drunk once at 2am. He rambled about something totally unrelated to my work. I told him I'd call back tomorrow. And when I did he had no idea why i was calling.

LOL - I've had some similar experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BRFFF

My phone has a silence feature that only allows select calls to ring through — jis sayin 

ryguy

Glad to see I'm not the only one who falls asleep while putting a child to bed.  My wife can take our daughter up and be back downstairs right when she falls asleep.  I take about 2 hours, always fall asleep! 

Dougfish

38 years in sales.  :banana072:
More than half of that in management, too.
Customers are cra-cra. Employees running a tight second.
You wonder why I drink?
Fucking humans.  n!n
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Dougfish on February 05, 2019, 18:35:13 PM
38 years in sales.  :banana072:
More than half of that in management, too.
Customers are cra-cra. Employees running a tight second.
You wonder why I drink?
Fucking humans.  n!n

Employees/coworkers......dear God.